Has anybody ever Tee'd into the hydraulic system from the PTO from their service truck to power say a hyd. ram? I've got a bushing job coming up and I found the hollow ram but no pump. I searched all over my shop for 2 hours and couldnt find it anywhere. So I got to thinking......I've got hyd power on my truck. All I'd really have to do is tee into the pressure side and return side from the lines the run the crane. Better yet I was thinking maybe make up a set of lines that run off of one of the valve banks for an outrigger cylinder to the hollow ram. Just out of curiosity has anybody else ever done anything like this before?
I have quick couplers tee'd into the winch motor lines on my crane and 2 30 foot hoses that i use for this very reason. I control it with the crane remote...slicker than deer guts no a doorknob.
I I didnt even think about that cutting edge! That is one hell of an idea though. I've got a 10006H Nexstar Auto crane so im not sure how it would work out. It's a wireless set up and it runs through a computer.
Dont forget the ball valves!! Mine works perfectly for pulliing bushings in (maxilift cobra 5105)...thats why I did it.
I don't think you would get enough pressure doing that most cly for pulling run 10,000 psi
They was a boy years back below the mountian from me he had a triple bank plumped ....it worked sweet ..just like havein auxillaries on a tractor ... I can remember plumpin a pto shaft to a customers road tractor for runnin some kinda blower ..He pulled tankers ..
We had a fuel and lube truck at one time that used hydraulics to drive a big Quincy compressor. We teed into that to run all kinds of hydraulics.