replacing a drum in a compost turner,also fuel tanks and hyd tank leaking. Finally found a program to resize pics, will post post more of fantasy land later.
Looks Good!
a few more just a look around the place, a dairy should never need this much stuff, but the owner loves ritchie bros.
its finally been found, that magical place where old equipment goes to die :tong
The Case tractor we had to "borrow" the front end to replace broken axle in another. The Trans Am showed up for storage over the week end, put in the row of broken dreams. The 644c runs but I parked it there 4 years ago for punishment. The 621 was purchased about the same time, never have used it, very cheap and very broken.
A dairy? i thot it was an asphalt plant!, or an old atlas launch site .. i could sure use some of that ''junk'' though!
The composter is finally done. The 4x4 frame in front was replaced with 6x4, 3/8" square, numerous other frame sections where cut out due to rot. Fuel and hyd tanks where also replaced with all plumbing. Engine guards, hand rails and new deck plating where also installed. Machine was blasted, primed and painted. Mother nature did not cooperate in this at all.
Also new feed wagon arrived, this is #3 on dairy. The 3 spd auto trans are controlled by the scale weight of the load. The boxes can mix 40,000lb loads feeding about 300 cows per load. The minute the new wagon showed up I unloaded and hooked it up, then pulled trans from old wagon so the dealer can find where 2nd and 3rd gear went to.
That compost turner looks pretty slick. I didn't see a name on it - is it a custom design - or your own? I can see that it probably gives the operator a pretty "crappy" ride while he aerates the "crap"! Hope it has a good cab filter.
Kobe, the compost turner is built by a company named Scarab, they are still in business building these machines. This is a 14' model, built in 1979, serial #0036. We bought the drum, bearings and the belting from them. They tell me this might be the oldest machine running. The a/c works so the operator can keep the door shut while running, the ammonia smell this thing puts out while running will make you tear up and wonder where you went wrong in life.
That compost turner looks like just what I need for suburban traffic jams. I promise not to drive it in the fast lane. I have never been involved with composting on that scale but ammonia is escaping nitrogen. Nitrogen is money on crops.
Just noticed the tire tread on that turner, I always thought they straddled a windrow and drove straight. I guess this one just spins around and around.
I've had to wrench on those windrow machines before, no fun at all
Goodmans, maybe you have worked on this one. Bought it out of CA.
Nothing I can claim, I think the ones I had to wrench on are still turning rows in the landfill. Is that one a Scarab. Thats the only company that I have ever seen that makes those things. I think they build them in Texas or something. You don't use wrenches when working on them, you just cut everything apart because its all seized together.
It is a Scarab, serial# 0036 1979. Twin disk clutch, powered by a Cat 3306A. They are out of texas, still operating. Biggest problem I have is keeping the drum balanced. Everytime we replace some flails the thing starts shaking, replace a few more then she smooths out.
Balancing that drum what with the length and all the eccentric weight of the flails must be difficult. Can't say that I'm too keen on the exposed chain drive to the wheels. What does OSHA say about that ..?
I've never had to deal with OSHA, the wheels move very slow. I'm much more worried about the big Spinney thing in the middle.