I bought this 2011 Sr250 with 2000 hrs on it and the auxiliary hydraulic, which feeds the 4-1 bucket seem to work fine. Since I have bought it which was about a month ago the aux hydraulics started playing up. Started with randomly not working to now not working at all. Have checked all the wires on the joystick and through to the plug but have not found any issue. Would it just be the switch? Don’t really want to spend the money on one of it’s not going to fix the issues.
how did you check the wires? did you test for continuity across the switch when depressed?
No I haven’t. Not sure how to test that? Any pointers?
do you have a voltmeter? her is a link from the fluke website on checking continuity A Guide to Continuity Testing with a Multimeter | Fluke Learn how to test continuity using a digital multimeter. From setup and execution to applications and results this is your go to guide for continuity testing. www.fluke.com
Thanks yeah I have fluke one. But where do I check it. There is no way to test the switch cause the back of the switch is solid /sealed. I would need to cut the wires
They plug in somewhere. Disconnect the plug and connect your meter the terminals that correspond to that switch.
I just picked a sr250 control handle randomly. There are different ones.
Yeah mine has 6 wires for my switch and the others only have 3
Hey guys so I replaced the switch and that hasn’t fixed it. Maybe the solenoid I’m thinking
Well, if the switch no fix it, and neither direction works, it ain't a solenoid, as the odds of both aux solenoids failing at the same time are nil.