Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auxiliary hydraulics

ponch458 ยท 2022-02-09 23:13

I have a very clean 1995 Cat 130G I need to add some auxiliary hydraulic valves. Anyone know where I should tee into what lines to get pressure and return without messing anything up. Thanks in advance for any info.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2022-02-09 23:20

    Can you start with a Serial Number please. Then a bit of information regarding exactly what auxiliary hydraulic systems you want to add would be a good next step.

  2. #2ponch4582022-02-09 23:33

    74V02630. Would like to add a front lift group and snow plow. Would need at least two new circuits. Probably 3. Thanks

  3. #3Cmark2022-02-10 01:56

    The easiest and most elegant way is to add sections to the existing control valves. Right now you should have this; And you need to make it look like this;

  4. #4Nige2022-02-10 11:29

    I agree. Far more elegant and better from an ergonomic point of view for the operator than trying to bodge something. From what I can see the arrangement for a snow plough/snow wing attachment with a power tilt on the wing for a 74V-prefix 130G is a 9D-8382. It uses a 5 Bank valve on one side of the machine and a 6 Bank on the other - so 3 extra functions. I attach the BOM. Obviously you would not need to buy two complete control valves, just the three extra sections required to operate the plough & wing. Extra sectons should be easy enough to come by from Machinery Trader or somewhere similar now you know what the Part Numbers are.

  5. #5cuttin edge2022-02-10 17:00

    Sone guys use a diverter valve off a mid mount scarifier for a front plow. Craig had a nice electric setup for wing function where the 3 switches fastened to the control rack. You can unplug and remove them when the plowing is done.