There is a Galion 240a coming up later this month in an estate auction. I had a Galion T500 a few years back, but I don't really know anything about this 240a. It appears to be somewhat smaller, and quite a bit older than the T500 that I had. Looks like it has a 3-53 Detroit in it. I would just like to have it to keep my 1/2 mile driveway in shape. Any of you guys familiar with this model? Any estimates on what a reasonable price would be, assuming everything functions? It will not be available for viewing until the day before the auction.
Thats a 3-71. Bob
OK, thanks for the info.
. It seemed to run good, but had been sitting unused for many years. Had a manual transmission with two shift levers, and the shifting diagram was so faded that I couldn't read any of it. The clutch seemed low on fluid, and didn't want to fully disengage. I did manage to get it into a gear and drive forward a bit, but I never could find reverse. The hydraulics all seemed to work, but it was low on fluid, so the pump was sucking air. Overall, the machine was in decent shape, but was going to need some tinkering. It ended up going for $4,750, and I have been kicking myself for not bidding a little higher on it. Nigh unto impossible to find a functional grader for five grand. I spoke with the son of the guy who had owned it, and it seems that they had just aired up the tires, put new batteries in it, and a new fuel filter for the auction. Forums > Old Iron! > Forums Mark Forums Read Search Forums Watched Forums Watched Threads New Posts Members Clawed Backster 1 Flat Awesome Contact Us Terms and Rules Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2017 XenForo Ltd. XenForo style by Pixel Exit