Has anybody added auxiliary hydraulics on a Dresser TD7E? I have a chisel plow with two actuators on it that I would like to pull with our dozer. I know I need a diverter valve and a two spool directional control valve on it. I would use the tilt cylinder hydraulics for the pressure/flow source. If anybody has done this, I'd like to hear about any challenges or difficulties you had making this modification. Jerry
You might be able to just use a flow divider to a 2 spool valve. Flip in one way for the blade and the other way for the chisel plow. I'd guess it's an open center system.
Dave, thanks for your reply. I need to control two independent double acting cylinders on the chisel plow so I will need two DCV's. When I'm using the chisel plow, I won't need the the blade angle or anything on the blade for that matter except the lift to hold the blade off the ground. Dresser (and IH for that matter) had a diverter valve installation to control rippers but I haven't been able to find any info on that as of yet.
C&C equipment on YouTube deal in Ih/Dresser & JD fire dozers cleaning em up for sale removing rome plow equipment at times have used valve, parts controls.
It's been years but as I recall rippers had and extra valve installed that was run power beyond from the blade valve. Those were all up and down function and didn't have a second spool for tilting the ripper teeth. I've never seen a ripper for a small machine that had that feature either.
A good hydraulic shop could probably help you.