Hello frens, so I am still working on my d4d 78a1594, turned out it was running with the pressure relief valve all assembly all messed up, I bought all the parts that I needed: so I need to use 5 bolts to secure everything to the radiators top tank but I cant get one of the bolts out its stuck, there were two snapped bolts originally rusted stuck I managed to get one out by welding a nut to what was left of the bolt etc. but this one is stuck didnt move at all. So I am going to give it one more try with the 6011 ac (I have an old buzzbox AC only) but my question is would this work with one missing bolt if I just assemble everything with 4 bolts. View attachment 365148 Can you believe I used this dozer for like 6 months with a weak water pump and I bet it was the rust that was sort of keeping the coolant from spurting out all over the place. The dozer it was getting hot after I rebuilt the water pump last year probably because it was sucking air into the system from this rekt pressure relief valve mess then it finally decided to throw coolant from the relief valve eventually but it didnt do it right away it was getting hot at first only or maybe i didnt put attention to what was going on until recently. So this dozer I only use it around the farm to pull some brush but I want to try using the small rome plow that came bundled with the dozer for like 4 or 5 hours per week only I wonder if with 4 bolts out of 5 I can manage to run it for waht I want without overheating the engine I did a decent job with the water pump I think, it finally gets the coolant flow going like its supposed to, I wonder if the previous owner sort of "tuned" the engine so that it wouldnt get too hot is thatpossible? or how come the temp gauge never moved past middle with such a weak pump and this pressure relief valve mess? View attachment 365147 Regards Cap
No replies yet.