Recently purchased a Bobcat 743 (circa 1989). It has an aftermarket High Flow (my guess) auxiliary hydraulic system. The brand name decal is in poor condition but appears to be Hydra-Pak. The Hydra-Pak consists of a custom engine compartment rear hatch. The hatch encloses the pump, supply tank, solenoid control valves (2 valves), and filters. The pump is driven by a driveshaft connected to the engine dampener. Controlling the hydraulic flow is performed via two electrical buttons affixed to the top of the Bobcat’s direction control arms. I have not been able to find any information about this system. Any insight to this Hydra-Pak is appreciated.
Can you take some pics of the components and post them?
Vetech63, I will give it a try.
Three images of exterior
Three images of interior of Hydro-Pak enclosure.
Four additional images of interior components.
This is a Davis backhoe that came with the Bobcat. Don't know if it works yet. The hydraulic fittings are sized for the stock Bobcat auxiliary hydraulics. Hopefully, "thumbnails" make for easier viewing.
Its not factory that I've ever seen. Nevermind... you already knew that!
Vetech63, thanks for taking time to look at this Unicorn hydraulic system.
Interesting, very interesting. Never seen anything like it. (I have a 743). Can't imagine its good for much with the 36hp the 743 makes. Sure don't need it for a backhoe. Ed
I agree with Bumpsteer, that's a purpose built modification to that machine for a specific task that requires high flow, such as a mulcher or flail mower. But at the same time a 743 was not a top fuel dragster when it comes to engine power. I can't imagine anything an individual would do that would need that system on that machine.
Hydro-pack is a Euro based hyd company, Bulgaria. Found this on their website, just an example. I didn't find any add on kits but hard to say what was available 25 - 30 years ago. That or somebody got a wild hair. Group 30 Hydraulic Gear Pump, 50 cc/rev, anti-clockwise , SAE-B 2 bolt flange , 13 teeth splined SAE shaft , 30A50X236 Displacement 50 cc/rev Rotation anti-clockwise Flange Type SAE-B 2 bolt flange Shaft Type 13 teeth splined SAE shaft Ports flanged connection Max. Pressure 200 bar Max. Speed 2000 rpm Serie 30A50X236
What are you wanting to know about this contraption? Are you wanting to run that backhoe with it?
Hi all, thanks for the replies. Good to know some specifics on this. I do not have a use for the pump. Mostly, just curious about it and how others were using it. Definitely, looks like it was a costly upgrade. As of yesterday, the external hoses have been removed and put in storage. Now the Bobcat looks like a normal 743 with "junk in the trunk" due to the large rear hatch. The backhoe will use the standard auxiliary hydraulics. When I start work on it, I will start a new thread as I already have questions.
Hi, I have the same setup on my 743 but with a trencher, I tried to make it work but have not had any luck, I will be grateful for any advice how to get it working.
Christobekker, I don't have any advice. I Have not had a need for it, have not done anything with it, and ignore it. As an aside, the backhoe works using the stock hydraulics.