Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Availability of main hydraulic pump for John Deere 544D Loader

Farmer13 ยท 2016-05-14 19:37

When I bought that JD 544D loader 2 years ago I never would have guessed that there appears to be ZERO availability of a replacement main hydraulic pump, from Deere, aftermarket or even used. I have called about two dozen rebuilders, suppliers, dismantlers to no avail. Does anyone out there know of an aftermarket source for this pump? The pump body cracked on the existing unit, but the front and rear covers appear ok. Maybe Deere used the pump body for other applications? I'm grasping at straws at this point to find a solution. Thanks -- Jim

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-05-14 21:20

    It's apparently a one off for the 544D... you might look for an AT103607, which is for the feller buncher version, may be a different flow. Or take the old one to a decent pump shop they can probably build you one. You can call Robeck fluid power, I deal with Chuck, they're in Ohio and always have an answer for me. 330-562-1140

  2. #2Farmer132016-05-15 07:54

    Thanks for the good suggestions. The pump is currently at Beiler Hydraulics in Leola, Lancaster County PA. They are going to see what they can do with it. If they hit a dead end, I will give Robeck fluid power a call. Also the feller buncher version is worth a search. Thanks again -- Jim