Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aveling Barford asg 018

Walleyewatchers ยท 2013-05-06 13:23

I just found this grader in a field. It is a Aveling Barford ASG 018, it is huge. I can not find any information on the grader ie: wieght year ect. It looks to be in great shape, it shows 2700 hrs on the meter but who knows. It has an 8 cylinar Detroit and 23.1 * 26 tires. Any help would be nice. Any place to find parts or books anything. Thank You, Brad

Replies8
  1. #1bigrus2013-05-07 04:48

    Paddock find Monsterous tyres on a grader of that vintage great find

  2. #2werkhorse2013-05-07 06:08

    Have a brochure dated 1979 here for the ASG018. Weight = 18,824 kg - 41,500 lbs with ROPS cab Engine = 6V71N65 @ 228 HP gross Transmission = ZF 4PW-45H Tyres = standard - 16.00x24, optional 17.50x24 Steering = all wheel steering Hope that helps

  3. #3Walleyewatchers2013-05-07 10:06

    Thank you for the information this helps a lot. This machine mut have been upgraded it has a V-8 Detroit. It looks as though it is built like a tank. The construction looks as though it was designed for heavy usage. If anyone has one, can you get parts? I found one for sale that was posted as a 1986 and it had a serial number 1838, this ones serial number is 1804 wonder how many they made each year?

  4. #4D6 Merv2013-05-09 01:02

    Ask 'Nige" on here hes the aveling guru, worked for them in pomland

  5. #5JimInOz2013-06-03 00:59

    AB Grader Check out the Classic Machinery Network forums...someone might know something .

  6. #6Graderfan19812014-12-05 05:00

    I have read, that the ASG-Series came out in the 90's. The biggest Version ASG 021 came out on 1997.

  7. #7Nige2014-12-05 06:13

    Strange, we had Barford ASG021s in Africa in 1986 .......... the ASG021 was only a model number change, previously they were known as the SG 500. The difference between the MG and SG was that the MG have a hollow box-section frame where the SG frame was solid bar.

  8. #8Graderfan19812014-12-05 07:03

    I have read this in the Book Giant Earhtmovers, but I think they have written down the wrong year. I have searched now and on a selling site I have find a ASG 018 building year 1986.