Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aveling Barford SG500

MG SUPER 500 · 2010-01-04 13:37

Hi I'm back again I have an AB sg500.. Delivered new in christmas in 1969. The grader have lived an tough life until it was taken out of duty about in the 80's. I bought it in 2008, and I have changed some parts in the last year.. hydraulic pump and tank, dynamo.. The progress of rebuilding this machine take quite some time, and a LOT of money... Here's some pics from a test run

Replies4
  1. #1MG SUPER 5002010-01-04 13:51

    Some more pics

  2. #2MKTEF2010-01-04 14:56

    Yoy've been doing a great job! Looks like a lot of serious work on that AB. And many thanks for the pics! Please don't hesitate to post more pics of the grader up close and of the repair you have done. In the winter grading post there's a film from Tromsø showing a AB 500 super in work in the 60's. Some chains on it, and you can put it to work for Mesta! As you're handling the wheel, i bet youre on bergli too?

  3. #3MG SUPER 5002010-01-04 15:22

    Tanx MKTEF The machine was already sandblestered and re-painted when I/we bought it, but that was about it all... was no electric, no brakes, very bad hydraulic (pump,tank,hoses), no brakes, blade didnt work, etc.... And I have just repaired the Hyd.pump and tank... and replaced the dynamo from the broken original, to a dynamo from a Scania 80. and in that job I've did turn the powerflow in the cables... original this machine had positiv grounding and negativ in the wiring. But now it has more "normally" flow of power, negativ grounding and positive in the wiring. And as in europe, it has 24volts. I did see that movie from Tromsø, and that is great And Jepp... I'm on Bergli too alias The King Of Plaza I belive your on Bergli too??

  4. #4TorkelH2010-12-16 10:12

    Is that one of Oslo Veivesen's old ones, remember they had a bunch of the 500's?