Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stump the blade opeerator(easy one)

CAT D9H ยท 2010-01-03 01:36

Sorry I meant to spell operator This is the inside of a old Cat blade, what model is it? and what do all these levers do ? , it should be easy for everyone

Replies13
  1. #1Arabhacks2010-01-03 05:39

    Model? Hello. Pick something older than me, will you? Levers? Far left, parking brake. :tong From there you have the blade controls proper, think of this as a set. Except for the swing and angle of the circle and blade it is in pairs. The best way to learn the blade is to have an old hand work with you for a few weeks, while you run around with the grade checker. :notworthy I can operate the blade but am far from a master, and I am one of the better operators. :beatsme But, whatever the case, I love operating the blade, a true challenge to really master.

  2. #2grandpa2010-01-03 09:52

    Looks to be about a 12E or F. If you look closer on the control bank at the base of the levers it will tell you the function of each control. The one closest to the windsheild on right is probably scarfyer. Then throttle, then transmission, left lever for main tranny right lever is hi/lo range.

  3. #3ledsel2010-01-03 10:39

    It's written on the window it's a 120.

  4. #4AtlasRob2010-01-03 14:27

    Only if your outside looking in

  5. #5CAT D9H2010-01-03 14:33

    Its a 12E 99E , its my blade so I know what the levers do , I was just hoping to get alittle quiz going here , but c'mon theres still levers no one has mentioned

  6. #6OC(Outside Cat)2010-01-03 15:39

    levers the curved lever on the right is for a aux. hyd. control, like a snow plow valve or hyd blade tip OC

  7. #7Komatsu 1502010-01-04 11:54

    Actually I think it's for blade sideshift.

  8. #8ledsel2010-01-04 12:41

    I'll second that.

  9. #9tripper_1742010-01-04 13:00

    All in favour of the sideshift lever say I! Motion carried!

  10. #10OC(Outside Cat)2010-01-04 16:50

    I would go along w/ the blade sideshift. We had a lot of them with a hyd. snow plow lift. the plow pivoted off of the bolster pin. OC

  11. #11Heimy2010-01-04 18:58

    I'll give it a shot i can only be wrong(not the first time) the curved lever is a aux the side shift was the second one in on left third one in is the circle second one in on right is wheel tilt third on right is the half moon shift its been a long time since i been on the grader since we got gps

  12. #12ovrszd2010-01-07 10:21

    First post on the forum and he ain't even gonna admit you might be right huh!!! :notworthy Welcome to the forum!!!

  13. #13kansas cat2010-01-09 22:55

    ahhh the ole #12's left to right the six main controls are left blade end lift, then aux, usually scarifier, then circle rotate, then half moon gear sife shift then wheel lean then right side blade lift, The lever by the windshield is hyd side shift for the moldboard. Park brake far left and gear selectors far right...oh, and the short one just right of right side blade lift is the throttle. Yes?