So whats the age of everyone on the forum? I'm part of the young generation at the old age of 20
30 going on 50, getting older sucks.
I'm 25.
Im 52 and feel like 25 on the inside.:beatsme
Dirty thirty
Last year for my birthday the guys had a cake for me that said 21 going on 60.... but I'm actually 22. Apparently im old because I go to bed at 9:30 every night, don't drink, don't smoke, eat healthy, don't go to bars and basically I'm a goodie two shoes....man my life sucks.
20 here!
Still 40something...
35 - feels like 65. That's what being in the construction business for 14 years gets ya'.
A wise man once told me your only as old as the woman your feeling
There's good drugs for those kind of feelings you know. :cool2
I'm 48.
Just turned 45.
Will be 31 in 39 days
Im 21 years old , work for my self , and dont smoke or drink . My only addictions are work and my snowmobile lol And i guess im old too beacause i like to get my sleep as well.
I'm 26 going on......26. :beatsme
I am 36 going on 37 later this year:drinkup
Im the younger generation at 13. Kinda hard to decide what I want to do. I am good at techy stuff but I have to think. But I am a natural at Heavy Equipment and love it... Im going for the second one. >.<
Omg OMG! was starting to think I was the oldest fart on here, then I clicked the survey and dont feel so bad, just that some are being a little bit coy. 50 next month, feel like I'm a lot younger ( no she's same as me ) but every now and then the body says :yup :slomo wooooooo! and then I remember. Still, wouldn't change what I do, some say, sad. But I love my job. :cool2
40.6 body feels like 60 . :usa
52. But all you kids here are getting old faster than I am. Think about this... We'll use Countryboy as an example. 25 years ago, when I was 27 and CB was 1, I was 27 times older than him. 13 years ago, I was 39, and CB was 13. I was three times older than him. Today, I'm only twice as old as him. In another 13 years, I'll only be a little more than 1 1/2 times as old as him.
26 well, I'll be 27 on Monday.
48 will be 49 in January..............looking forward to 50!
71 in april. you guys are still wet behind the ears.
33 here.....I agree with Bobcat Ron....getting old sucks!!:cussing
33 and only had 1 birthday....
52 years young
I am 34. Been in the logistics end of construction for about 10 years now. I am finally going back to school for Civil Engineering this May.
now we should she at what age you become a cat fan
I have loved machines ever since I was about 5 or 6. We moved into a new house close to the corner of a street where they were replacing all the sanitary sewer lines so from that point on I became hooked!
58, Class of 72 with a BSCE from Michigan Tech. I've been paid to play in the dirt for 36 years by the local county highway authority . Always liked construction equipment. Old cat fan since the 75th anniversary show in Peoria when I found out there was a whole group of old cat lovers.
I'm 25-1, am not a Jeff Gordon fan so no way was I going to be that number for an entire year. (sides that at 25 insurance rates start going down some). Far as when I feel in love with heavy equipment, well I was less than a year old when I took my first bulldozer ride with dad. Its just bout all I've ever wanted to do, be like him. Although I'd rather go racing than fishing. Maybe when I get older. Trbo
Well in that case I am 27. And She makes me feel like I am 17 if you know what I mean
Im 19 and I been in and around equipment my whole life.
35 here
18 last monday and looking for a job in heavy equipment :drinkup:thumbsup
23......
I'm 24 and looking forward to many more years in the construction industry.
WOO HOO! I'm 32 but I'm feeling 26 :drinkup Brian
I'm 53 and really hate getting older, can't do what I could just a few years ago.
30 in october, getting old and damn sure feel it some days the saying- I am getting to damn old for this stuff rings true lol
This thread is making me feel young. :scool
21 here
51 here. Beginning to feel my bones creak a bit
Better grease and shim that circle, you dont want to wear it out :waving Man, theres a lot more old timers here than i thought. How did you guys learn how to turn the computer on? :stirthepot
I'm 50....don't smoke or drink but I'm still falling apart
Good thing that us old timers have learned to master that task! Now we can teach you young whippersnappers how to operate equipment! :waving
I am 40,all I know that 40 hurt alot worse than 30, cant imagine what 50 might feel like.
after yesterday my right knee's feelin a bit older than a 24 year old. yesterday was my first time on a wheel loader
30 was the big one for me, 40 and 50 had no effect on me.
You mean you dont just jump on and pull the sticks, mash the pedal to the floor and go?
I'm 48 Gets more fun every year. Started out on a farm tractor as a wee lad. Got a job running a green weenie (euclid belly dump) when I was 18.
I'll be 64 next month, but I'm still a kid on the inside. I can keep up with those much younger than me and plan on doing it for another 10 years. My problems stem from injuries from many years of racing motorcycles. I get up early every morning and creak and groan with every step. I get on a spinning bike and after that exercise for a while. When I am done, I am good to go for the day. I refuse to feel my age, and attitude is everything. When you wake up in the morning you can decide what kind of a day you are going to have. If you decide to have a good day, it is pretty hard for others to screw it up for you.
I'm 27 feelin like i'm goin on 50 somedays....
Bob, what a great attitude, inspiring!
A person has to get old doesn't mean you have to grow up!
Geez , Why do I get the idea I should be retired already ? 56 , and still crawlin' around and over em' lookin' for what ails em' ! Gimme my dang discount and NO , I don't want fries with that !:Banghead
27 here. been around on and in these things all my life. was a lineman after awhile. loved it had a pole fall with me up the bleeding thing. back to college now. i get that mechanical engineering degree and hope to work for Cat or another major company.
Just remember the story of the old bull and the young bull standing on top of the hill !:drinkup
Turbo you still did not say your age. I will be 46. I like the labels we get by how many posts !
Ahhh! How sweet the walk down the hill is (at 61 my memory seems to be fading slightly, could you remind me why we are walking down the hill to all those cows?)
34, here and paying for the abuse I gave myself over the years!
I'am 56 and stilll enjoy every day I get to be on my Dozer. The body doesn't want to get out of bed some mornings but the mind is up and ready to go. Didn't think there was so many Kids on this site.
32 and like alot of you guys hurting more everyday.
You are walking because You dont have to run after the cows anymore.....,they are to OLD to run away from you.:falldownlaugh All with respect and in good humor
25 and still alive I think the mileage is what hurts
I'm 32 :drinkup
20 years in this business at 38. I love it (most days) and look forward to the next 20+
Im 17 and love being around equipment, but im told that changes after a while! I dont buy it though!
24 here
Well Dan, at 25 years old im old enough to know better than answer it, but yet young and dumb enough to answer
Just turned 44.
Awesome how much this forum has grown over the past years -- though I am surprised at the distribution. I wouldn't have expected this many young people.
33 here
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums rcl1010! :drinkup Me thinks you made a mistake and left out a number in your post.....we'll let it slide as a typo.
Haha -- I'm 22. My friends decided to remind me of that when I turned 22 earlier this year... *sigh*
33 now... Just got my first piece of equipment. I don't even work in the industry. All for personal use.
Your killing me here, ah hell its even to far to walk anymore, think i'll just:drinkup
23 going on 24 in about 3 months.
I'm 32
I'll be 27 in may.
I'm 14...been in a Bobcat once, a Deere 310D three times, a 1979 Ford F-800 dump truck (good workhorse, but wouldn't go above 40 mph) and a Deere 450D once. (by the way, I was young when I got a ride, so I only think those are the models...getting old sucks! :cussing) At least the mechanics let me look at their machines while they parked idle for the day. So for now, I'll have to sit back, watch the show opcorn and wait for my time :deadhorse and learn some stuff in Ag Mechanics at school rofessor Squizzy: "A wise man once told me your only as old as the woman your feeling" :lmao I hope you don't mind if I add it to a quote list I'm working on, you'll get full credit. :drinkup
breast feed? I'm turning 29 quite soon, but my wife think that i behave like a 6 yo whats wrong with playing in the dirt??
I'm 35......can't complain i guess....for now
39 feelin fine
no 825 meetings for April..... We are strong inspite of short comings.....
Instead of quoting that, it'd be better if you put Squizzy on your ignore list until you turn 18. :nono
Now digger he ain't quite that bad but he does git a might close to the edge at times.:lmao Hang in there Stretch your time will come, but don't forget to enjoy the here and now while you're wiating.:cool2
I certainly will...no bills to pay until I get a car!
I'll be 38 in a little over a week. Life sure fly's by when you are having fun!! ZAXIS
21 here.
25 here
BTW digger, I've heard a lot of stuff worse than that so it's alright You wouldn't believe the stuff I hear at school from my friends and even from me... (and besides, we need someone to make us die laughing :lmao )
31 here
Soon to be 35
45 going on 70 today. High temps in the 90's this week. The older I get the less I can take the heat.
35 here. Never thought I'd be this darn old. I'm beginning to fart dust?
34 -- took me 3 tries and 9 years to get my engineering degree (learned to hate the comment "What do you call someone who went to college for 9 years? Doctor.") I still don't play nice with management because I'll call dung "dung", not a "powerful growth stimulator".
I'm 38
41 and loving life, but I'd rather be 25 again with today's knowledge:drinkup
35, 36 in May, oh that's next month. Getting old is a drag, but at least it means you're still alive!!!!
I am 22 and like most I have been around yellow iron my whole life , I ran my first backhoe when I was 6 and was loading trucks for my boss when I was 11 but I always got the day off when inspectors showed up
22 here, been around it all my life so far, now i'm startin a career with Cat
28 for now, 29 in June. Been running equipment for 9 years, selling it for 3 years.
49-don't feel like 49 but there you go. Neil
36 here started on equipment on my dads lap at 2 on an american dragline
Jeff gordon is number 24? Im 31 and have worked on iron for 13 years.geeze time flies by. I am still kicking pretty good though,little slower up and down due to the 6 years of Bullriding I did (thats what Im told by my dad..) he hated it.
Average age of us? Well 52 in Augest. Ha Grader what month are you????? hehehe. The first diesel farm tractor was June 21 1970. It poured sooo hard for a short time that the rain bounced 3 inches off of the gravel. The other month was a 410 SG haven't progressed much. Oh well. Some times get to play in the dirt.
21 here been on equipment since on the dragline w/ pap at 2 years old
73 here.....
21 here. Just got REALLY into equipment sales over a year ago. Absolutly love it! Especially exporting my machines.
32 and more stuff hurts everyday!
I'm 22 and a dozer operator for Vecellio & Grogan Inc.
17 wishing I was 18 so I can get a job in the field. (Only 2 months away )
I am 36. does that make me old?
21 years
50 hair, well there was yesterday when I counted. There seems to be more space where they were than where they are nowdays. Any day you wake up and find yourself above ground is a good day.
56 still learning, still doin the hard yards if asked, all round blade hand,
49 for a few more months
Turdy-Tree here!
December, so you're a lot older than me. Bones creak yet??
I'll be an ancient 58 in one month. ointhead Dougsterâ„¢
37 in august..
23, 24 in July Not even operated a machine yet well maybe 5 mins on a 1.5ton bobcat Looking forward to the day operating my first big machine
26 here
Just turned 28
Young crowd...i'm 28.
I'll be 18 in October.
37 here and I hear I have another good 2 1/2 years left in me
44 here. Just bought my first piece of big iron a few weeks ago. My wife sez I may look like an adult but I sure don't act like one sometimes
59 and I have been turning computers on nearly as long as I have been pulling levers.
23 years old
I'm 33. James
44 here:usa
25 now, dealing with the Engine business but have more interst in machine in spare time. the machine have been "in", hope can be good at one model in the future. CAT 320 D CAT 256 CAT 420E CAT 777 Bobcat 331/337 Bobcat S220/300 IR compactor DD110 Willing to strive my whole lifetime to this industry!
Older, hopefully wiser Going on 66, but still in kindergarten when it comes to heavy equipment. After 45 years of office work, I really enjoy working outside and pushin dirt instead of pencils.
Well i must not have been born yet, 'coz I'm getting nun dat.
I feel sorry for you. LOL
Don't! i'm innocent and still young enough to look forward to it!
I`m 51
Old age I am still ripping tractors down at 52 tctractors
I'm 23 but feel like an old man! I've grown up way too quick.
CM1995 I hear ya!! 28 here!
57 here.
I'm 48, had a close call at 40 with a bridge collapse during demolition. Got thru that one and all I can recall is I dug a fellow out of a collapsed trench in 1975 when I was just a kid. I knew nothing about digging, just jumped on the machine; Cause I knew I HAD to get him out! I was 15 then...he is still alive today. We are forever linked and I made a life decision I think based on that accident!
Wow, that sort of puts things into perspective. :salute
Just turned 50, scrapers kick my butt when I'm in a hurry but bobcats seem to hurt the worst, ten hour days are all I got left in me these days . I have breathed so much dust in my days instead of blood in my veins I have mud .
Turn 58 in Sept been a plant operator since I left school, still enjoy it, originally from NZ but doin it in sunny QLD for the last 14yrs.
I'm 20 years old (I'll be 21 a month from tomorrow).
43,feel 18,figure in a second marriage of 15 years,5 kids(oldest 25,youngest 7),and 25 years in the desert sun,i could pass for 60.
I'm 23...I'm glad I'm not the only one in bed at 930 at night and never going to the bars at my age!
im only 15 but ive already operated a ton of equipment and my life pretty much revolves around it. im not saying im not a normal kid or anything because i like to do normal stuff to but i would rather go to a construction site or yard than sit at home and play video games. i like being outside i cant stand to sit around all day.
AS OLD AS ME HAIR AND OLDER THEN ME FEW TEETH . or two score and three
23 here...
I am 77 and still can do a good days work.
I am 57 .. some days feel like 77 and some days feel like37 !!
23 this way
35 but fills like 55
I'm Feeling Old I'm 39 and Holding. I got 31 Years of Experiance Though.
17 here =] and now I don't feel so alone since Deere9670 is also 17 woohoo!
just turned 34, been on iron since 14. someday i'll get a real job
37 ...and counting .....for now ..
24 in June here
33. no gray yet but getting tired allready,,,knees are shot and hip isnt so good....blood presure is high and the eyes arent what they used to be...i think having children aged me at least 20 extra years.because i was fine before they came along. been diiging for a living for 10 years but played with dads machines for free since about 9 or 10 years old and i had some oldi relics of my own to toy with on my land .
dont feel bad...it starts all over again as soon as you get married
Heck, I'm so old I was born in black and white. They didn't have color back then! Two score and ten. But I'm thankful every morning I wake up and find I'm still breathing air.
You guy's talk as though you're all ready for the bone yard at the age of 30 - 40! Man, you're still kids for gods sake! lol
We are all made up of water , Hydrogen atoms that were formed 4.5 billion years ago . So we are all the same age :drinkup. Is it just me or do you guys feel like you have passed through a few more Dinosaurs than you should have ?
im 17
49 next week, work out 5 times a week to try and keep it somewhat in shape. Drink beer to stay young!
Drink your beer there are sober kids in India Yay another 17 year old!
Average age on the forum: No names, of course. Iron Horse... I'm not sure every one has... passed through.... In reference to a sarcastic post.... OCR... :lmao
I kinda want to . . .pet it . . Or even better ride it!!!!! Could you imagin riding on a T-Rex . . How awesome would that be!
Off topic now... but: ... Oooooh... might be tough to get the bit in for the reins... or come away with your hands if you did... :cool2 Might have to use a hackamore... OCR...
The old worn out age of 44 is upon me. I'm partied out, tired out, but I love my machines like I did when I first started in this...life
Average age on the forum: Well, I was going to vote... but thought a picture might be more descriptive. OCR Actually... a rather interesting story behind this picture.
19 young and eager to learn not feeling old yet
29yrs old
33 & just trying to get into the industry
55 this July, so yes I have done that.
55 and still learning something new every day!
I'm 20 going to school full time, and work part time for the family construction business.
i am 14
I'll be hitting the ole 40th milestone in a couple of months. I do not participate in the old thing. lol:usa
35 here. feel like 50.:drinkup
I am 49 and love to dig. Cat 312 Komatsu loader
just turned 55. got seven new sleeves in the heart and a computer to keep it ticking. what I wouldn't give to be 30 for just one night!! but I am enjoying life as a medically retired guy now and spend my time traveling to see the granddaughters. going to florida in 3-4 weeks for the birth of #5. life is good! bill
16 here... my dad put me on a backhoe when i was 5 and ive been addicted ever since
SuperSteve...take a lil advise. Get off the rig for a while and set some manhole sumps.....check some grades with a string and a rock out in a parking lot, help a crane operator assemble tracks and boom to a 4100 Manitowoc, What I mean is your probably a good operator for your age. Maybe the best in miles around where you live.No Doubt about that! Just make sure you have the angles from around the ground levels that a pipe layer see's or have a bit of an idea what the guy pulling the string sees lower to the earth. Giving yourself a good look at these levels will only enhance what you already have on your side! Don't rush it too fast kid. I was in your shoes, but took a step back and the view is astounding. Ask dad, He should know what I'm trying to say
Very well put, I agree 100% :yup as somebody that was on a seat aged 14 dont take the advise as a put down, it is not it is very good advise.
This might be the best advise I have read on here. It is very important to have a little of ALL other mechanic's perspective on the jobsite! That little bit of dirt that's out of reach looks a lot smaller when you're on the machine.
58 not 28
42 sometimes feel 22, sometimes feel 62
25 and looking at getting into some operating!
Back when I was in school I remember the teacher talking about retirement and social security, she said at the rate they are lowering the retirement age, you all will probably be retiring when your 45 years old. Yeah I wish. 56
Average Age 45 & doing OK.Fresh air,exercise,no smokes,little drink...I can climb a tree,crawl under a dozer,swing on a socket bar....& catch a woman.I plan on living to 120!
Average Age: I don't know if the poor old critter made it or not... But, I've got a birthday coming up in about 2 months, and it's getting closer to spring time... warming up a little I think. I know I feel just a little better... and look a hell of a lot better ... :cool2 Did burn my arm a little from my dozer exhaust stack, when I slipped off the hood... reason for the cane too... No problem though... a guy heals fast if he ain't to old... OCR... LOL... Just another corn ball attempt at humor... LOL This guy might be our ancestor.
How did you get a picture of my Uncle Buck?? He's camera shy.:drinkup
I am 18. my dad and i just fired up our dozer service business this last year, but i have been around the equipment all my life.
I'm 58 and have been around machinery most of my life. Some of the machines have tried to get me when my guard was down or was it my carelessness. Anyway, I hope to make a few more years.
62 35 in dirt
33 here 34 this year, and feel every bit of it
Im 58 been playin in the dirt full time since I was 15 and part time for 5yrs or so before that. Still doin it 6 days a week.
seems once its in your blood it stays used to ride on the battery box on old 7g-b fiat loader now im 35 and running the excavation part of our buisness
17 here
Another 6 months and i move up an age bracket.:drinkup The best part about turning 21 is... I can get my XDm .45.
34, that makes it officially 15 years of turning wrenches, I should get a pin or something.
You been turning wrenches for 15 years, i been pullin lever's for 15 years we should both get a cookie!:drinkup:drinkup
22 yay
I'll be 51 in July, and Ive been wrenching & welding on yeller iron long as I can remember. So I figure another 20-25 years ain't gonna hurt me none.
Well, I started laying brick in 1970 Heading for 58 but girlfriend calls me Peter Pan as Peter Pan never aged. Still feel strong as ever and can work about everyone I ever met into the ground. I jumped on the top of six skids of block on my Lull and passed them through a second story window to the two laborers who were puffing at the end. It took 1.5 hours for me to hand them the 26,000 lbs of block (600 pieces). They were whipped and I was just starting to roll. :bash:bash. Only feel old if my back blows out once in a while. It seems to go when it wants and not when I work hard. Still love road racing my car and whipping the youngsters and blowing by guys with bigger motors. Aches and pains come and go but I am thick as hell and push them to the side 99% of the time. When I think of my father at my age he was old but he abused his body with smoking and drinking. Age is a number just hope when I go I just hit the ground.:drinkup Only difference between 57 and say 40 is now at 10 PM I am going to bed, at 40 I was going out to dance. Guess I still could I just would be tired in the morning
age 52 yrs
Im 32 this year. :/
They say your only as old as the girl your feeling, I need to off hire the wife and get a younger model, cause I'm definetly starting to feel tooooo old
Im suprised there is nobody in the 0 - 10 age group :beatsme
age I'm 62 this oct . 46 yrs of skinnin cats and knuckles. would do it all again..4D..
i was thinking of posting the exact same thing rob , must be the english sense of humor lol , you keeping busy mate. by the way im 41 and the woman im feeling is 43 lol
guyz i'm 22 but like the others.. as we become old, we sleep less which is unhealthy
40 ....................
Won't see that one again. Stock
old as dirt just truned 53 and darned if l did'nt go and join this forum for my birth day, oh i picked a nh skid to work on .some day soon l hope to have it runin top notch.
goin' to be 31 this December:drinkup
43 and change
almost 48
Hey D6 Bo, sure glad you posted as I was begenning to figure I was the oldest hand here at 72. I'll be 73 in August and feeling good.
17, being an operator since i was 15 for my farther.
31 here
Getting Old I'm 35
Ten years ago I was 48. I'm much younger than that now.
Hell I must be getting younger, they still call me a Junior Member.
Moses Cannot tell my age, but first piece of heavy equipment I saw was the Ark.
22 here been an operator for pay since i got outta highschool, started running a backhoe when i was like 14 an old 1978 yanmar 155d, all 15hp of it, thought i was bad...haha
All good things pass. After you make enough posts, you lose your fleeting youth and become a "Senior" member. :lmao
at times I am
Heinz 57 here...can't believe it tho!!!!
16 and 6 months. Lovely ain't it?
Gee soon you will be able to reach the pedals! and sure in no time at you will be able to get around on the thing.
Just turned 29.
just turned 33
52 here
Lol, I'm bigger than you may think... well, just barely maybe
23 here, been practicing since 12 operating since 16
A big old 70
old????/ Well I'm 50, going on 30 and ya getting old sucks..... Paul the buggyman!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fifty nine, gettin older a'int for sissys, but it beats the alternative(bein dead) any day.:drinkup Bob aka ZZ
58 here some surprised by poll results! :beatsme
I'm 22 and I've been pulling levers since I could reach them and operating since I figured out what the levers did:wink2
31, started with farm equipment around age 12, only recently stared using construction equipment.
54 first machine was a small mini roller at my uncle Bucks yard in Toronto. i was 7.
26. started as a flagger then ground man on the old mans crusher first machine was a WA500 at age 18 I ran lota of machines before that this was just my first full time seat. I had to work my way up to operator just like everyone else
I'm 51 and feeling every bit of it at times
63 & still not grown up. My 4th grade teacher said "If I didn't grow up" I'd be a ditch digger when I got older & had to get a job. Ha! I wish she could see me dig the ditches with the 08 Cat 140H. I can make a mile in 20 minutes if I'm just pulling up some gravel. I bet she'd be amazed, cause when she said that it was 1954. Love the Industry!! Been in the dirt since I was 14 when Dad first put me on 2UD8 & a Wooly (wooldridge) scraper. Man I hated it. It was sooooo hot & dusty. still doin it in the dirt. C Ya, Patrol Man (Dan) Goodearth13
You're fourth grade teacher was right. Be the best that you can be. Sounds like you excel at what you do, and you are happy and confident in your work. Pictures, please.
Hey goodearth13, sounds like the saying must have been taught at teachers college. I had a geometry teacher tell me the same thing in tenth grade. that was 25 years ago ( I think). Once U hit 40 u hate to think back that far
4013.................You'll Figure It Out
hey! My idea is right! I voted to 21-30 :beatsme _______________________ manual boxes
18 here, started operating last year when i was 17. on jobs anyway.
Just turned 50 , feel like i am still 18 , then wife wakes me up to take heart medicines !!
Just turned 28 on Jan 20.
42 for me but when i get to the job site fire up the equipment, feel like am 16 again, but by the end of the day realty sets in most of the time
29 here, fwiw
17 here, going for my Hydraulics license this May...been operating skid steers for ever! just starting to operate the real stuff now.
Iam 43, but I feel as good as the day I left parris island, I love my cigars but I eat well work out well and sleep well and enjoy my wife and daughter:usa
38 going on 80 thanks to the construction field for the last 20 yrs and that damn 4x4 bridge upright that my shoulder met at about 35mph due to a poorly marked snowmobile trail!
Two day's older than dirt!! STUMP KNOCKER
36 sometimes feel 56
age 32 , been millin since I was 19 .....not that long.
I'm 71, have children older then most of you. Maybe I'm in the wrong place.
never
38 been drivin, wrenchin, cuttin, fabricatin, beat my self up for 1 dislocated shoulder, 1 broken foot, several bad sprains, and concusions, 2 knee rebuilds, tendonitis in both arms.............and always some fun with the kids and wife,dogs......do it all over again no problem........funny how kids make ya feel
21 years old. working with the family construction company. going to school part time. i have a collection of about 100 models too if anyone is interested in those
Today I noticed my old age, smoking does not help eather, I was shevaling today and I noticed that I started to breath like a dog. LOL. I just got into 38 .
41, with too much water under the bridge. Let's bite off more than we can chew.
i'm 30 and work for myzelf.
been like that since 21, 32 now and wouldn't change a thing
38 here.... Can't help but feel like there is a lot left to learn. This forum is great!
Im 58 and i started with the old boys when i was 18 ,been around construction and logging equipment all my life. I have seen a lot of changes in the industry, saw the last of the swing shovels used on interstate 93 in New Hampshire , and the first 992 cat that replaced them. Don
52 i still love the smell dirt, diesel, and bitumin. The best industry you could ever be in. Every day is a challange and always fun.Cheers Leroy
I am 20.
27. been in the game since '99. now working for myself. cant beat it.
Hello all, long time lurker and now a member for a couple of months. I am 47 with a ton of stuff to still learn!
Welcome there responder nice to have you in the class...
57 & Still Learning.
64 here. Only been round construction and heavy equip for past 18 yrs.
About to turn 78 in October. Great to be in the company of folks around my age. Back in '81 I drove a machine with 3000 shaft horsepower weighing in at around 2000 tons. Those were the days!:canada
Sorry I lied --- this old brain forgets thing sometimes --- the machine was 30,000 shp.:Banghead
29 and still learning stuff every day.... and forgeting some to.
I hate to say I am right there with you. I am 23 and very rarely go to bars and my friends make fun of me cause I don't drink very often and I like to go to bed earlier instead of staying out and up till all hours of the morning. I have heard the "old man" comment too many times LOL. Oh well I guess to each their own.
anyone,JLG 450A won't swing n hard to go up n down Hi anyone I have a Jlg boom 450A and lately I have problem to swing the hydralic arm and also diffficult to move arm down and up.please some advice what could be this problem.thanks
Welcome there inandoutproject, contact Atcoequip here or go to to this section and post your question...
any chance we can see a pic or 2 ?????
Who his the Oldest Person on this Site ? I will be 73 next Birthday ! I started working in 1954 in the Earthmoving Trade as a Mechanic,
For some reason I cannot upload a picture in this thread but just google ' Picture of HMCS Terra Nova '
age looks like 78 so far. i have u beat on age by just a little already 73. one thing for sure though this old man likes to move dirt but an operator i aint and never will be. some of the guys on this board scare the stew out of me
going on 46 here just remember it's not the age, it's the mileage let's just say my odometer only goes to 999,999 and it hit that a few years ago
JLG 450A swing/lift problems from cage, some help? Hi my name is Remy and I have a JLG 450A model 1997 and there are some problem from the cage when try to lift/swing the hydralic arm only that is happening from the cage.I need to fix the problem,Some body?Thanks
Remy it might help if you posted your queries in the correct place like I asked you to do earlier.Click above RED writing and it will take you to the correct place.....
I am 68, have run all types of equipment, But my favorite thing is driving truck. Have two dump trucks, 8100 IH 5yd and 9300 IH 12 yd. The best is an T600 LWB sleeper cab with 400 detroit. Been in: Teamsters, Operating Engineers and Automotive Machinests Unions Also Plumbers and Pipefitters. You can do a lot in 68 years. Thats the best part of getting along in years.
JLG 450A swing/lift problems from cage, some help? I would like some orientation what place do I need to look to get this situation solve. thanks
I was stoked to see that I fit into the community age group well, I fall under the 21 - 30 range. Apparently 30% of all voters were in the same group! Awesome!
24 here
:dizzy 37 going on crazy:crazy. Only thing keeping me sane is my wonderful wife of 16 years! Thank god she has a real job !:angel Don't smoke , dont drink, dont do drugs, up at 5 , in bed at 9 . Addicted to coffee and ammo !
Woooooo! coffee, ammo and few machine guns, + a pile of dirt to let loose on! :drinkup
29 here, turning 30 this July.
45 feeling 25.
As an old mate of mine once said ..... "I was 21 years old for 19 years but I'm older than that now - waaaaay older ....!"
52 . Operated machinery since leaving school .
forever 18!:drinkup
wow man! is she real? come on!
23 here. Full time fitter + turner, part time farmer, excavator and bulldozer operator, and soon to be running a cane harvester
52, workin out of a service truck for 25 years. startin to feel it!
I'm 23!
51 What age does the wisdom kick in? Surely I cannot be far off. I am ready for a change.
I am 39 and starting to catch up with my age. Hope is mostly down hill after 40.
29 And been throwing dirt since I was knee high to a curb.
About to turn 32. After 15 years of working on this stuff I wake up every morning feeling like I'm about 60, but after a few pills and a trip to the chiropractor, I feel like I'm going on 45.
Dam! The only group showing fewer numbers than mine is the 1-10 year olds? Does that mean I'm officially in my second childhood? Or that I never left it in the first place?
I'm Green on the poll, is that bad ?
36. Old man told when I was about 12 to get in the seat and learn how to run it. The "it" was a IH TD14 crawler with I believe a Laplant hydraulic blade. The steering clutch levers were almost longer than I was tall. After that is was a Case 880B excavator. Same story. Tough as these old wrecks were, I don't think I'd be the operator I am without learning on them.
Me too, but now I'm as close to the high end of that band as I was to the low end of it when I originally replied in 2008. That's bad...
just turned 40!! started out in a service truck when I was on summer break in grade school going with dad, I learned a lot over the years doing that with him
43 by the calendar,73 by the wear, wife says 19 by maturity, on a good day.:beatsme
I'm 77 and can start an finish a new day by doing nothing! STUMP KNOCKER
57 in a week or so, feel like it most of the time as well. Started by fixing all the appliances in the house when I was a kid
33 years old, feel like 53, and wish I was 23!
50, I have not hit my prime yet.
52 here and been working on the stuff since I was 14.
57 and feel better than I have for the last 15 years. Having a 39 year old wife helps I guess.
i am green also.....retired when i was aqua
31... It's not funny that a lot of guys, me included, in the same age range feel ten years senior!
31... It's not funny that a lot of guys, me included, in the same age range feel ten years senior!
33 years old here, hopefully starting full time operation soon in 2015.
I hear that when you get old, you're prone to repeating yourself...
Wait a second only the 1-10 year olds are less represented than me! Do I qualify for a special rate as a minority?? 64 years 8 months and still counting!
Yes. Yes you do. You can expect a 50% refund on your forum dues to arrive in your email. :thumbsup
Thanks! Can I print out a few extra copies, need to buy more presents for grandson!
I looked at the poll results and realized that not only am I in another category than my original answer, I am well along in that category. Man, I really do need to get a life....:duh
51 years old , born in the house on the yard and still there , done about everything on machinery from small to very big , feel tired
67 on Xmas day
60 on 1/27/15
63/been shot twice,run over by a truck,blown over in a boat,and a few lesser things,but still pull my own wrenches,clutch and brake levers.So I'm doin well:drinkup
No, we did away with that deduction at the last budget meeting.
I'm 53 and I've never felt like a real grown up, something to look forward to!
I'm seven years older than when this thread was first posted, so my memory isn't what it used to be. Was that the same meeting where we did away with the spammer bounty?
Sexty Four and still doin it 5 days a week, from a dozer , scraper, grader, excavator, roller , bobcat depends on wots needed on the day and where they need me, been doin it for 50 yrs now, would get bored if I didn't go to work LOL.
Run it,broke it, fixed it,bought it, sold it, teaching the kids how to do it and bought the t shirt at 50. No need to slow down now! LOL.
Unfortunately yes.:bash
I'm 73 still kicking still working
I'm 70 still doing government certified vehicle inspections in my shop plus a small amount of repairs. Mentaly I don't feel much diffrent than I did in my 20's but everything hurts a lot more and I have slowed down some. But like allways said "It doesn't take me all day to do a days work"
65 and still head down and ass up fixing a dam forestry mulcher every second day, every other operating it. Only five more years to go
Ole Gal (see Avatar) and I are both 70. She has been grading her whole life, Ha, and I am just starting. I guess she will teach me a thing or two. It will be fun to see where the dirt and gravel roads take us. I could not help but notice that the 61+ group bar on the polling chart is RED. Does that mean that this age group is redlining just like those screaming detroits about to blow? Time does seem to move faster!!
Redlining is good! Flat lining is what we should be worried about
31 here in a few days
No worries about flatlining here! "Hit the gates at 98" as the saying goes. I've got a cord and a half of wood to split. That 8 lb. splitting axe should help keep me in shape! The bending over is easy. It's the getting back up that is difficult!
Be 69 in April 2015...am retired from my "normal" job, but still workin' hard on my house renovation/rebuild & my enjoying my "toys" on my property. Looking forward to 70...& to remaining vertical & breathing!!
I'm 26
I am 36
51 and holding
25 going on 26 in april
39 in Sept. Feeling it too. If I had known I would live this long I would have done more preventative maintenance on myself and said no to alot of stupid things. But it was fun and famous last words hey watch this...what could possibly go wrong
28 here
69 later this year. Joined 4 or 5 years ago. Thanks, Patrolman46
Just turned 20. Have been in the dirt bizz all my life. Wouldnt change it for the world.
How come everyone on the internet is younger than me?