Hey everyone, Is anyone real familiar with Barnard Construction Company out of Bozeman, Montana? They sure seem like quite the company from what I've gathered online about them on their website. They are currently building a 16,000 acre reservoir in Florida that has 21 miles of embankment. Does anyone have any other interesting info about them and/or their fleet? I need to find out how they do things, the way Ohio looks they'll be bidding a few jobs over here in the next year.
I know a couple guys that work for them, or have worked for them. From what they say they are a good outfit. They are non-union so they get alot of big jobs in Right to Work states cause they dont have to pay scale. (both of the guys I know were supers for them) They said they worked all the hours they could handle and then some. Kinda burned em out. From what they said though, they have nice equipment and keep it well maintained. One has since moved on since, the other guy is still there. I havent heard from him in a while, but the last I did he was heading to Florida. Mite be that job your talking about.
Is this the same company that owned L.G. DeFelice, Inc. of North Haven, CT? DeFelice was one of CT's oldest and most respected road contractors and suddenly they went out of business, auctioned off all of their equipment, and left in the middle of several major jobs. There was an entire investigation on one of their jobs that turned out to be botched with faulty storm drains... I'm not badmouthing them but I'm just wondering if these are the same guys.
Ok finally checked out their site...it's not the company I was thinking of. Looks like they have quite an operation going.
Thanks for the responses.