Does anyone knows the company that restores the AWD front axle housings after the “king pin” tapered bearing rollers chewed the hell out of the housing? Asking for the customer. In my case it’s ZF MS-2025, on the JD 310-SG. The housings is not listed as a spare parts.
https://www.alrearthrep.com.au/4wd-carraro-king-pin-failure/
Thanks. But it’s not opening up, and looks like it is for the Australia, and not the US.
Any machine shop worth it's salt, should be able to do something with it - whether cost & repair time is a problem with this. I have patched a few of the Carraro axles with similar problems .... See Here
Thanks. But I am not interested in trying out the machine shops. I need to know which one already did it successfully.
If it was my machine and wasn’t involved in the day-to-day work, maybe I would try.
Have you considered a new or used replacement ?
New is more expensive than machine it self. Can’t find used ones, but even if I will find it - it will probably have similar damage.
Broken Tractor has both ends and they look like new. They may not fit the tractor you working on tho. https://www.brokentractor.com/p/john-deere-backhoe-left-hand-front-axle-housing-t151089-n-t151089-n/
Thanks very much!!! I’ll follow up!
Can anyone help me with part numbers for those housings? My parts source do not list them ( not JD not ZF). Here’s a name plate.
Here maybe.? - https://www.pjpower.com/products/zf-off-highway/axles/2025-steering
Thanks Nige. In my experience PJ is not really eager to share information or sell parts, they are more after service/rebuild money.
I randomly searched the JD parts book for the housing number, and found this. https://buyaftermarketparts.com/detail/399323/john-deere-t151088-joint-housing
Sorry in that case. It was close to the top on a Google search.
I’ve e tried them with some pump drives - and they kinda played a “little stupid”, didn’t want say “no”, but didn’t help either. Ended up being “wee will call or email you back” deal - which never happened.
Thanks Tinkerer. Sorry I respond later - I was driving. Are those matching that axle I posted name plate of?
should not be to hard for a machine shop. I fixed our back hoe this summer on my bridgeport.
No Problem TVA ! I just looked up the 310SG axle in the John Deere parts book. Copied the part number, and did an internet search. That aftermarket one is the first one I saw. If the tractor has the original axle under it, the JD part number should be correct for the one you are trying to repair. Out of curiosity, maybe call a JD dealer and get a price from them. They sometimes sell aftermarket parts themselves. Depends on the dealer. I would rather go with a new housing rather than repairing the old one.
i think the same model have two slightly different models of the axels. About JD dealer - I find correct parts a lot faster from open source, than they with access to their database! Plus JD is terrible on variations of the parts for the same model. They do not have good serial numbers brakedown, and don’t really have anything comparable to something like “arrangement number” - like CAT does. It’s a nightmare!
I understand the problems with dealers and part numbers. Been there done that. It is the reason I always post screen shots of parts manual pages when I try to help someone locate a part. It provides a way for them to verify if I found the wrong or right one. Last thing I want to do is steer someone onto the wrong part.
I gave them everything, even the JD part number ( the Customer number staring with AT), model, serial everything under the sun - they still were sending me wrong pictures out of the part book! Until I got mad, washed my hands, got online and found right part number for the axle seal.
They have the correct info. It is the knowledge or lack of that the parts guy has that will take you to a dead end or the right parts. Quote frustrating when someone has a machine down and/or a customer waiting for you to fix it. It is so dam simple if--> you have the model, and serial number of the machine. Although I didn't have the serial number of your 310SG it took maybe a minute to find that housing. The parts book shows only one axle assembly, so it is quite likely the number I came up with is the right one. IMHO of course
There is no doubt that I had the right part for you. I took customer code number (AT307739) that is on the tag image you posted, and immediately came up with the John Deere parts book image--->
Does that one have part numbers for both housings?
Yes it does. I hope you don't need the LH side. #9 Here it is ---->
I need both
What is a part number for item 11? Is it the same you posted before?
Broken Tractor has both of them-- used. LH is #2250.00 plus tax n shipping. https://www.brokentractor.com/p/joh...32-u-t206432-u/?ref=isp_rel_prd&isp_ref_pos=2
Thanks! I’ll submit it to the customer.
Item #11 has about 8 or 10 different thicknesses. Go here ---> https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/80748/referrer/navigation/pgId/370116
Thanks!
Was that axle ZF? Did braze it with the bronze or welded up? I want to know what kind of material those made of. Doesn’t look like cast iron, either steel cast or ductile iron.
I believe i used silicon bronze tig rod. I was not sure what it was so i just went that route.
When it is a customer's machine, you prolly want a repair that won't come back to haunt you. Unless of course the customer approves of welding and machining the housings, and accepts the chances the repair could fail. IMHO.
He is kinda lost right now. One thing he is shure of - he doesn’t want the brand new machines ( he actually have 2 with same problem). He had to replace MB engines on his four 2012-2013 Western Star dump trucks with used Series 60, and local shop who did it performed terrible job. He had stuff falling off the transmission and engines, engine coming off of its mounts and fan hitting the radiator, which led to full load of asphalt solidifying in the dump bed and nightmare of getting that out, and other stuff. He don’t want to deal with def/dpf/egr crap and overly complicated electronics anymore. Trying to stay simple and more reliable.
Wow ! He sure has his plate full ! I would be curious why he didn't park another semi with a wet kit next to the one that died and use it to dump the load out. You need to open a shop and save his a##. Broken engine mounts are tough on fans and radiators. I saw it too many times.
QUOTE="Tinkerer, post: 1103102, member: 10054"]Wow ! He sure has his plate full ! I would be curious why he didn't park another semi with a wet kit next to the one that died and use it to dump the load out. You need to open a shop and save his a##. Broken engine mounts are tough on fans and radiators. I saw it too many times.[/QUOTE] I have no idea, he wasn’t my customer than. I did put his hydraulic pump back on PTO because when he tried to brake the asphalt to pieces with his excavator - the pump fell off! Turned out that people who replaced his engine, didn’t put two out of four pump bolts back on. I guess because it meant that they had to have special tools to have access to it, or remove the air tank.