I noticed that most 6x6 or 4x4 trucks have setback axles. Is this due to the applications of most AWD trucks or does it keep the pumpkin from eating the oilpan or other critical bits of engine? What other paccars had an AWD option besides 357, T800, and C500? I know international and the now dead sterling had options, but i'm not interested in either. The 4x4 Granites look like nice trucks, but they spend too much time in the snow. I think you could even spec a set forward Aline AWD, but by the time I get one they'll be unserviceable.:bash I always thought the set forward sterlings were one mean looking truck. My idiotic idea is to setup a 33-39K GVWR 4x4 truck with a 12-14' flatbed. Add some toolboxes, transfer tank, air compressor, a 5gal bulk grease setup. If i win the lottery between now and then i'll put hydraulic, engine, and waste oil tanks, an engine drive welder, and a knuckle boom behind the cab. Like i said it's an idiotic idea, but for the small fleet i have it would work great. I have a couple of ideas on how to pull trailers, both of which I stole from the few oilfield trucks i've seen in my life. I don't know which would work better. I'm not sure if there'd even be enough room for anything more than a gooseneck. I guess its time to make a few sketches i'll lose anyway... Last question, what tire is this? Size is 445/65R22.5. Looks like an XML, but a lot more pavement friendly.
No replies yet.