I cant imagine what the producer of this show is thinking. The latest shows are filled with staged idiotic things such as dropping a tree on a employees car using old unsafe cables just plain stuff that belongs on the Jack Ass show. As long as I am venting the disrepect of fellow employees and Father son relationships ia appualing I could could go on but I will stop here thanks Tht BIG D
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed as well. I used to look forward to watching that show. Flushed the log but it keeps floating back up....Ole Pond Bear tells it like it is.
I wasn't going to watch last years series, but did and it was disgusting, really makes loggers look bad. I have not watched this year and probably will not start either, especially after these comments. FWD
I agree they make the logging industry look stupid. They apparently got rid of the only professionals on the show (Browning) and left the jokers that make it hard for people to take the rest of us seriously.
I agree, show is a joke. Browning decided on their own to not be a part of the circus.
BS to the max, just the footage is enough to draw a fine from OSHA, they have all the evidence they need each week. These reality shows fines could probably balance the US budget
That was my guess when they disappeared.
Was thinking that if OSHA was awake and functioning (and watching the show), they would be very interested in a number of things I have seen. I was thinking that if I could see the Bronco in the shot of the tree needing to be felled, that Gabe should have been able to see it also and just maybe think that it should be moved. Was looking at the shot of the hold line before it failed and figured that it was about half the size needed to do that job. Think that if a crew leader like Cotsy grabbed me and started chocking me - like he did on the show, he would be in for an ass-whopping. Almost no matter the consequesnce. Not sure I would want to work for someone who condoned a cerw leader like that. Last, seems that the Swampman is just a nut that has fun breaking things. Hal
its a soap opera ,,,, 99 percent of the crap on tv is bs almost as much as on the internet.....
the show really went downhill. i enjoy seeing how they log and the equipment they use. now it looks staged and to much arguing. i fast forward that stuff, doesn't leave much left to watch. and to top it all off i heard that same sound effect like screeching metal that made me have to watch ice road truckers with the sound off. Sheeesh!!!
The only reason I watch it is for the pure comedic value. Monty Python, Benny Hill, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Larry, Moe & Curly and Bevis & Butthead couldn't come up with better slap stick than the douche bag that produces this show. I told my dad the other night that if he would have ever yelled at me like Big Stupid Jimmy does his kid, I'd have drowned him. He said "I would have let ya!" I don't blame Jay Browning for getting out the show. That man is a herd bull when it comes to logging, and he wouldn't want his reputation to be drug through the mud by the rest of the jackwagons that are still doing this show. I really liked watching when Jay's crew was working, cause it was like a job should be.. well ran with great production and minimal BS. PusGut Rygaard is only doing the show because he can't make a living any other way. My girlfriend pointed out that Super Dave's rig was parked below where he was falling that tree. (I was to busy asking myself why in the world he just didn't cut the one on the left that was hanging that direction, then falling the one he fell on Dave's rig the same direction. If anybody who has ever cut a tree, watches it again, you'll see what I mean!!) Another thing I don't quite get, is why didn't Daveo catch a ride in the crewbus that day. Seems like it was a total setup. And as far as Mike Papac goes, WOW is all I can say. That man needs to step in and rein his crew a little bit. Little tiffs in the rigging are one thing. It's bound to happen. But the screaming, hollering, and shoving people off logs into the brush is another. If Coatsy worked for me, that little ***** would have been crab bait after he choked one of my hands on the job. If ya wanna fight and stuff, do it off the clock at the bar, not on my job. That guy he choked should have found a pipe or a ball batt and made mince meat outta him, right then and there. He would have got promoted to hooktender! Shellby is a wreck wating to happen. The thing I find so funny about him is, they say how much each one of his logs are worth. If he wasn't constantly wreacking his stuff, mabey he could by a new shirt or two! The reason why he is always having to find someone new to help him is he keeps draging them closer to death, and he can't pay them because of all his wrecks! I wouldn't be the least bit surpized if they don't pair Jimmy and Shellby together next time around. Big Gun. Seems to me Phil bought them some t-shirts, set them up with a dinosaur loader/yarder and a job well away from the rest of his rag-tag crew to get the film crews, and OSHA off his back. I really can't wait to see what the boys from Montana bring to the plate. The horse loggers and stuff from back east must really need some bail-out money as well. Bring on the laughs!!
. It's all fake, but there are people who will believe almost anything. Just look at big time wrestling ( going on for many years ) which is a fake and nothing more than stunt men.
It's upsetting they have to add in all the drama used to be a good show. They make it look bad for all of us that do it for real. Things are hard enough for us
Of the producer had any brains, or respect for that matter, he would go back to season one and re-hire all those crews, Gustafson, Browning, Pihl & Stump branch. Keep it logging, and not a bunch of people who yell and scream at each other all day! Personally, i don't really like the river logging, it's more just grab a log and brake 10 different things to get it to the surface and take it back down the river, by which time the day's done. Horse logging makes the industry look & sound like it's going that bad we had to sell our heavy machinery and use a team of horses, which was once used 200 years ago. IT'S ALL WRONG!. And then Rygaard just make the industry look like there's no money in it at all! Like at that Honey hole job he got rid of his, (sort of) modern equipment and instead decided to log with old, old machinery and say it's all great and fun! The whole reason we use modern equipment and techniques, is so we can make more money and have no where near as many headache's while doing it! On a better note, I quite enjoyed Lemare Lake logging, and seeing those huge trucks pulling huge loads, although the bsing made it look a tad stupid. And i quite liked R & R Conner, I't showed me a side of logging I'd never seen before. But anyway, It either has to go back to LOGGING, or go off the airway's.
maybe a word in the producers ear that they are breaking all the safety rules making **** shows like this
The show is really going down hill,Shelby's cool,S&S and Rygaard are getting worse every year just a bunch of idiots screaming at each other Big Gun is the only one doing real hard work,Papac is getting better last year they wer just idiots screaming and pulling tailhollds, they should bring back JM Browning,Pihl and Lemare Lake,Lemare Lake Logging would be King of the Mountain if they had a bigger job they pulled almost the same loads in half the time,Siderius is kinda boring,horse loggers do give a impression that the industry hasn't changed since the 19th century.
If anyone has watched COAL they would know that MSHA used tv footage to fine the company due to a safety issue. Was the first time ever they went solely off of video footage. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/08/coal-msha-cobalt-tv_n_846537.html Trbo
Same thing happened on Gold Rush,Todd Hoffman came to Porcupine Creek and did what he did,next year he went to Klondike and MSHA came to Porcupine Creek thinking he is still there but they ended up fining and closing Schnabel's Big Nugget mine and Dakota Fred's Jim Nail Placer Gold Mine (Hoffman's old claim).
I don't believe there is much "reality" in reality shows, writers these days have nothing to write about so we the viewers get stuck watching garbage. The writers do know and take advantage of the fact that controversy, discord and negativity sells so that's what they bring to market. I agree with other's here, if OSHA were actually watching, these morons would be fined to the point of bankruptcy.
The new show Mountain Men is really a joke. It seems that each man is flirting with death by just walking out the door. Who in their right mind would run an Alaskan trap line without a gun?
Are you guys seriously trying to tell me that when Gabe had two crews working and they choked the same log then started to pull they weren't just pulling one log? Or when they sent the chainsaw down to the crew and it fell out of the choker and got smashed to pieces all while going through a time shift and becoming and older Stihl saw? You also seem to infer that the Mountain Men show is a load of crap. The truth is if that is reality, I'm more of a mountain man than these guys. 'oh my, I tilted my snow machine on it's side and it leaked a little fuel, my whole GD cabin could burn down','my snow machine broke down ten miles from camp', can the camera crew give you a ride back to camp? Hell no, I'm a mountain man, I'll hoof it. Well my Yukon broke through the ice around a washed out culvert on a logging road around Gogama Ontario, tried for a couple hours to get it out, then grabbed my thermos of coffee and walked twenty six miles out to hwy 144. No camera crew, I never said 'I'm screwed', no search party, no drama. I think any hunter, fisherman, forestry worker in northern Ontario has had more excitement that these guys. I'd be surprise if anyone but the guy in Alaska is out o cell range. BUT, if I was offered TV money who knows what stupidity I might get up to. Probably have a bunch of haters start a thread about me on HEF. Tom.
Also, when Gabe made a second crew, How the hell did the other one get it's loads out? They were both using the road, so yeah he was doubling his productivity, but how was he getting his loads to the mill? Because i'm not from Washington or North America for that matter, so I'm picking you guys own your own trucks and don't have a Dispatch system? If by that, and he only had 3 or 4 trucks, he'd still be getting the same amount of wood out.Or, he could have hired extra trucks, and i must have missed the second road, or missed some info.
Because i'm not from Washington or North America for that matter, What exactly is this about? Tom
You don't have to be from Washington or North America to know idiots when you see them. I bet you have your fair share in Oz,
Ha ha, yeah they have a whole country full of them.
Sure do, even the plantation companies are stupid.
Just watched the episode where Shelby gets shot at by a man with a bow and arrow. Never laughed so hard. Why would you point a camera at someone who was about to shoot you?
Here is what the Ax Men cast should look like: -JM Browning Logging and Trucking -Papac Alaska Logging -Big Gun Logging -Swamp Man Logging -Mike Pihl Logging -Phoenix Logging
. It is all fake ! ! !
I don't care if its fake,animated,scripted or if they just found a bunch of dvd's in the trash and decided to make a show out of it.I like the show(as long as Shelby is on it),all except S&S and Rygaard too much yelling and fighting and barely any logging,if you don't like the show then don't watch it!It's that simple.
. I know about real logging and this is junk ! ! ! I did not need anyone to tell me to not watch and I stopped watch that fake trash a long time ago ! ! !
Well I don't know that much about logging but I'm willing to learn,logging is something that I would consider making my life's work and it's shows like Ax Men that got me interested,and it wasn't the yelling and the punching that got me interested because I know that logging is not all that it was the hard work,the heavy equipment,being outdoors and I know that logging isn't all like on Ax Men but who would want to watch a skycar go up and down the skyline all day long,that ain't fun except your out there doing it!And hell if someone offered a scholarship to Harward and a job with a logging company in the north west id be on that yarder landing in a hart beat and if your wondering why me and other people watch the show its because it gives us a view into a world many of us will not experience.And would you recommended a kid who likes logging and ain't afraid of hard work (me) to go for it and try to be a logger?
Yes I would ... but go with a logging co. who is for real, and it can be very dangerous ! ! !
Thanks for the advice,what do you mean by logging co.?Logging company,logging contractor... ???
Yes
Nooooooooooo........ I thought we all knew that when the the tree fell on that guys truck, you know the truck we never saw till it was hit by a tree. You get me some of that TV money and I'll make my industry look like a bunch of morons too. With all the response these threads get on this forum we know there's an audience. I'm surprised that on gold rush a truck, no an inspectors truck, hasn't been crushed by an excavator coming out of a hole. Maybe next year.. Tom
My wife refuses to watch the show with me any more. She says she can't hear the people in the show for me yelling, "No you dumb #@$%*&'s, not like that!"
Jimmy Smith passed away on November first 2012.May he Rest In Peace and althow he wasn't our favorite I'm shoure he will be missed.