Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Axmen

coopers ยท 2008-10-14 03:54

There will be a second season in 2009. Probably filming now.

Replies20
  1. #1Bellboy2008-10-14 11:03

    Cool, but one person I am looking forward to not seeing is Jesse Browning. That guy irritates me no end. Moan about this, its so stupid that, does he ever stop?

  2. #2coopers2008-10-14 16:28

    Yeah I agree, he's very annoying. I'm hoping we get some local logging companies from WA on the show. That would be neat. I also hope we have a stormy/wet/windy/snowy winter since they're probably filming now. It'll make it more interesting for the show like season 1.

  3. #3CascadeScaper2008-10-16 01:48

    I watched the entire series and I liked the show. The Browning kid was fine until about 1/3 the way through the series, then it was complain about this, whine about that, throw saws, hardhats, whatever. Cry baby. There's no room for that kind of crap in the dirt business, there certainly isn't any room for it in logging. Loggers are a lot more hardcore than us dirt jockeys and I'm surprised nobody kicked his ass during the show.

  4. #4Bellboy2008-10-16 11:31

    Ah man, i was looking forward to someone busting out some moves on him. But then again, it is some what a family show...

  5. #5EZ TRBO2008-10-16 18:32

    Jay Browning wrote a letter, commenting on the show and everything it entitled. He did agree that Jesse had to mature some more, like I'm sure many of us were like that at one time as well. But the show would do a lot of cut and paste to make things look like they are taking place in that order when they are really not. I won't ever say I was that bad as what Jesse showed in the show but I know that when I was in high school and stuff that anything that didnt go right would really P me off and I was rather quick to fly off the handle. One thing that really helped me alot was working with my uncle, who is the most down to earth patient man I know and working with him helped calm myself down and look at things differently and instead of getting mad, just find a way to make the best out of somthing. Trbo

  6. #6Turbo218352008-10-16 18:33

    No room for throwing hardhats in the dirt business. You must not have been around many excitable foremen. I cant begin to count the number of times ive heard a string of profanity, then a hardhat go flying.

  7. #7stock2008-10-17 00:53

    I'm guilty Not that excitable but have let fly when the need arose

  8. #8jlm3352008-10-17 10:59

    They probably didnt because he is the bosses son.... Atleast he has to start from the bottom and doesnt get out of high school and automatically start running jobs...

  9. #9AtlasRob2008-10-19 09:17

    I found the series ( still running here) very intresting and a real eye opener! I fully understand that there is a certain amount of editting done, but never the less very good IMHO

  10. #10trainwreck2008-10-20 23:54

    i dont think they are filming just yet, but will be soon. you can buy the whole first season on dvd from www.baileysonline.com . i think it was jay browning who wrote has a big write up in loggers world right now about how he thinks the loggers could have been better represented. alot of those guy feel that the film guys made them look like a bunch of back woods dumb ass rednecks. Ill let you know when they are filming if i hear anything

  11. #11coopers2008-10-21 02:57

    Huh, that is interesting he said that. I honestly don't think the crew intentionally did that, it's just how it came out because they all are a bunch of back woods rednecks. That being said, there's nothing wrong with it but I don't think there is anything they can do unless they change who they are. Just like COPS, film crews are going to edit so we see the fun stuff. No one wants to see boring stuff.

  12. #12John C.2008-10-21 22:42

    The basic tenent of what Mr. Browning wrote was that they were led to believe they were going to show the logging industry as concerned about safety, environment and family values. As I recall he spoke of reforestation and education of the public about their industry. To paraphrase a little of his statement there was a lot of difference that occured between Hollywood and New York. The rigging fits that the boy showed ended up on camera. That was unfortunate, but the loggers had no editorial input to the program. I have been around many logging crews and believe me, the kid was a lot cleaner and more composed than many of the crusty old snags of years past. I have seen the same thing in construction crews, dock workers, saw mills and anywhere someone performs some kind of manual labor. It didn't reflect well on the youngster but did make for some drama that got ratings for the program. The program was a first step for some positive publicity of the logging industry. It might not be the best first step but you have to start somewhere. Perhaps the next season will provide a little more balanced look at the industry.

  13. #13Partsdude2008-10-22 10:38

    The only episode I have seen is one where the one crew is stringing a cable by helicopter. There was the fella standing right next to the coils of cable as they were spooling out at 60mph .... that right there ended it for me. I will not watch another episode.

  14. #14HeyUvaVT2008-10-22 12:53

    if you want to know where its heading as far as representing the logging industry look no farther than the Alaskan crab fishing industry...go to http://www.actualityforums.com/forums/ and see whats said over there about editing... or google Ice Road truckers forums all tv shows are the same which is ok they are in business like we are to make money..but no one should ever buy into what the producers say when trying to sell them on filming a show...just my .02

  15. #15AtlasRob2008-10-22 17:00

    I understand what you are saying, but it makes good tele As long as you remember that the editting crew have been at it, it can be quite informative to somebody like me in the UK who has never seen a chainsaw with a blade longer than 3' the only trees anywhere near 3' across let alone BIGGER that we see are Oaks in the big parks or private estates and no way are they getting felled in a hurry. An eye opener for me was the statement that the forest covers an area the size of England :notworthy

  16. #16Partsdude2008-10-22 18:26

    I understand what you are saying. Just as you find that we can have forests that are bigger than your entire nation, I find it to be an eye opener that 60 million people can live on an island that can fit into my backyard ......

  17. #17dpull2008-10-23 21:50

    Glad to hear there may another season. I really enjoyed the 1st one. I think I seen a Terex Dozer at one of Phils [sp] sites and would like to see some roading building with it. Tried to watch Sand Hogs but didn't make half way thru the first show. dpull

  18. #18Patriots882008-10-23 23:57

    Good show these guys are crazy. Although my ultimate favorite has to be Deadliest catch!!

  19. #19AtlasRob2008-10-25 16:25

    Now that puts it into perspective :drinkup

  20. #20OneWelder2008-10-25 21:17

    Where does one find Bottom parts for a converted Sherman tank? Its not like you can go to cat and get a new sprocket or track