Hi. So I’ve been using this machine for a couple weeks now and have noticed that any time I’m picking a fairly heavy load it comes up 4-5 feet and stops. If I level up the forks then the boom will raise a little more, level the forks, boom will come up, repeat. Is there some kind of valve or sensor preventing the self level from working and causing the boom to safety out?
Also, I don’t have a dipstick for the transmission. If somewhat one of these machines it would be great if you could measure your dipstick from top of opening down to full mark so I can make something up. Thanks
What's your serial number? Does it sound like it's laboring when you tilt the forks? Is it pilot operated or manual?
Do the forks stay level as you raise the boom until it stops or do they stay in the same position (not leveling)and it stops? I'll check my manual tonight.
5-531. Yes it labors when tilting down but not when tilting up. You also have to throttle pretty good while booming down or it’s slow. Yes tilt has a pilot. I’ll check the leveling after while. It seems to work fine lifting light but pick up a junk car and it starts doing it. It’s worse the farther you extend.
I haven't found my 66 book - I could swear I have one. I found my 636 book. Had a guy that had both. I'll keep looking. It sounds like a lock valve hanging up but I need to look at a schematic. does it have slave cylinders at the back of the boom where the hoist cylinders are? I can't remember the configuration offhand. And if so has there been any cylinder work done recently on the slave cylinders? This one has the hoist cylinders on the outside of the boom and not in the middle correct?About 5-6 ft long?
Yes it has a large cylinder at the rear on each side of the boom. It does not have slave cylinders that I can see. Each cylinder has a pilot valve on the bottom port. The old man I got it from had it over 20 years and he said he never did anything except maintenance and the occasional hose. I don’t think it’s been used a lot because it’s pretty tight for it’s age. Just missing a lot of paint.