Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

B95C swing cylinders rebuild

mikeyc1945 ยท 2024-10-05 19:23

The swing cylinder seals have started leaking. Normally I would rebuild them on the machine, but it looks like they have to come out. Any help on getting them out and procedure to rebuild them would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-10-06 01:46

    It would be easiest if you could just pull the rods out and leave the barrels in place. If you've never done cylinder seals, it might be best to have a hyd. shop do them. The piston nut/bolt will be very tight and the proper torque is important. Don't know how the glands are installed on your machine.

  2. #2Swetz2024-10-06 03:41

    If they are like the E series, they can be done on the machine. Attached below is PDF writeup of the repair on an E series. Hope this helps!

  3. #3mikeyc19452024-10-19 11:05

    Unfortunately the swing cylinders are threaded into the spindles. They don't have nuts or caps. Very disappointing. When I looked at them before I bought the backhoe they appeared to have caps. I didn't look close enough. Also, they weren't leaking when I bought it, but the shippers didn't put the swing lock in place and when it arrived the left swing cylinder is leaking. Oh well, the perils of buying a used backhoe.