Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Back filling Machine!?

millertime778 ยท 2009-03-09 18:08

Was surfin the net and came across these pics. Its a D8R and im guessing its used to back fill trenches? maybe on large pipe jobs. Anyone seen anything like this or have anymore pics?

Replies16
  1. #1buddy6052009-03-09 18:13

    What I have seen that for is removing topsoil off of pipeline areas in on the alberta pipeline jobs bannister I think owned one. It was amazing the amount of dirt it could move.

  2. #2JimBruce422009-03-09 18:17

    It's called a powerdozer here is their website: http://www.powerdozer.com You are right though I think one of the main purposes for it, is to aid in backfilling large long pipelines (like gas lines),though I guess it would be where compaction isn't really important, as well as apparently military applications, like... mine removal I guess:beatsme

  3. #3buddy6052009-03-09 18:21

    thanks for the web site,

  4. #4buddy6052009-03-12 05:10

    what has that cheap knock off junk to do with a power dozer. Moderators edit - buddy605 is refering to a spammer's post that has been removed.

  5. #5Mike Stobbs2009-09-03 13:02

    Powerdozer I have images in this gallery of a "powerdozer" at work.... http://www.pbase.com/impalass/alberta_clipper_pipeline Cheers...Mike

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2009-09-03 13:33

    Mike Welcome to HEF. Great pipeline pictures there. That is the first time I have seen any of the powerdozer at work, other than the promotional shots on the powerdozer website. Looks like it works good. I see they do have to put a tow cat on the leading corner. Probably to keep it from turning the cat away from the spoil pile.

  7. #7stock2009-09-03 15:17

    Michael excellent piccs I do hope you will post some of you're excellent work here and by the way a thousand welcomes to the hef. ps just spent a very enjoyable 20 mins viewing the pipe job we do most of our pipe jobs in the summer due to inclement weather,but this year most of the gas pipe jobs are behind due to the excessive rain we have had , July and Aug are the wettest in 50 years .

  8. #8amunderdog2009-09-03 18:00

    Outstanding pictures. Thank's

  9. #9JTL2009-09-03 23:55

    Awesome pics man! Spent about an hour looking at everything! Very nice Jason

  10. #10Mike Stobbs2009-09-04 09:42

    Thanks all and Jason I have to work for a living.....LOL Mike

  11. #11gbdigger2009-09-04 10:42

    Don't think I would want to run that open ROPS D-8K, I can just see one of those Hydraulic Lines blow right next to me and scald the crap out of me :jawdrop

  12. #12tonka2009-09-04 12:21

    Awesome pics :jawdrop:jawdrop:jawdrop:OMG:OMG

  13. #13EZ TRBO2009-09-04 16:15

    Thanks Mike for sharing, very awesome pics and a neat project. Look forward to more. Trbo

  14. #14JTL2009-09-05 01:16

    WOOHOO!!:drinkup I just wish more people thought that way!

  15. #15Digger Dan2009-09-05 01:28

    Ha ha My buddy just came back from Ireland yesterday and he has the ultimate pasty white tan... worst weather in a generation I hear

  16. #16S.T.Large2009-09-16 09:25

    great pic's mike. thanks