I have replaced backup alarm horn on rear of bobcat. I occasionaly go to back up and it will work, but most of time it will not. I have followed instructions on setting contactors on bell crank , could I have faulty switch or switches. I have ohmed out the switches and they appear to be operating properly as far as switch opening and closing------ puzzled..
bad connection or how about the horn loosing ground ? does it ground to the tailgate....maybe the tailgate is not grounded dunno just a thought pj
BU alarm wiring is on it's own curciut, no ground through the mount. since you replaced the bu alarm, did you remove the small ground strap thats attached to it? the ground strap can cause issues. when adjusting the switches, it sometimes takes a delicate touch to get them adjusted correctly. especially of you have side to side slop in the bellcranks. :drinkup
Thanks, Powerjoke and Crewhief I left the strap attached on horn and grounded to bolt, when you said it ran on its own circuit the switch itself is it self grounding or is one of the wires ground. doesnt seem to have a neutral or ground wire. switch on the left setting in the seat has a rather stripped out scew holding the switch to the machine with a brass backing plate does this mean the switch itself grounds to machine . or , are the two switches rather wired in parallel or series .or is each switch wired separate don't have a wiring diagram I will check the grounds again. and also what maakes the horn make intermitten sound is that built into the horn itself?
if one of the switches is loose, fix that first. :drinkup