Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T250 track derailed -thanks willie59

agt250 ยท 2014-01-19 20:23

I rarely post on here, but I wanted to thank willie59 for an archived thread concerning a trick to replacing bobcat tracks. After 5 years of use It finally happened to me and naturally it occurred in a particularly bad spot - on top of a tall, narrow pond dam. Jacked up the back and raised the front with the bucket then used the 4 steel pipes as suggested and had my Bobcat back in the barn in just about 2 1/2 hours. I used an old 3/8 deep-well socket and welded a 13/16 nut on top and then stuck a vinyl tube in through the 3/8 ratchet hole to catch the grease. I used some oak wedges to guide the track back on to the rollers and front idler (which I discovered has a lot of lateral play in it) while running the track slowly in forward. Thanks again for your tip as it saved me much work!

Replies1
  1. #1willie592014-01-19 20:52

    Hey, I'm cheered to hear the info helped you. Welcome to HEF agt250. :drinkup