Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Back up camera

bighorn06 ยท 2015-12-13 07:04

I am thinking about adding a back up camera o my skid loader. I have found many options on Amazon, some with up to 4 cameras and a 10" screen. Probably too much. Any recommendations?

Replies4
  1. #1roddyo2015-12-13 10:47

    Watching for interest A friend of mine was running some that he bought through New Holland that tied into his tractor monitor and I think they were wireless. He had one stuck inside a peanut combine and it was like night vision. Probably way too expensive for what they are but....... I save a google earth map on my iPad when I'm clearing and been thinking about getting a Ram Mount so I don't have to get it out of my coat pocket to see how the ground lays. A tablet, a ram mount and some Bluetooth cameras could be a cheap way to get into this.

  2. #2bighorn062015-12-13 10:59

    I had not considered Bluetooth cameras. The back up cameras on Amazon run from $15-$170 depending on what you want. A single camera and small screen for $15 but there are lots of options.

  3. #3farmerlund2015-12-13 11:01

    Agcam makes a good product I have used both wired and wireless. the wired are nice if you don't have to go over a hitch or a long way. sometimes the wireless pick up some interference. The wireless you still need power to them, 12v. And yes they have excellent picture when dark or dusty.

  4. #4Mobiltech2015-12-13 11:21

    You can get wireless cameras that are rechargeable. They are magnetic mount so they can be mounted anywhere there is steel. The battery is supposed to provide 5 hours of video .