Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Backhoe Bucket Lever Very Loose

rrrr ยท 2017-01-27 08:25

'97 New Holland 675e. I feel like something "popped'' or broke loose when I first pulled the lever back the other day. The bucket still works all 4 ways but there is extreme slop when raising. If I hit a bump the lever will lean back on its own and slowly raise the bucket. I sometimes have to hold the lever from leaning back. If I pull the lever back too far, it won't raise at all. Lowering the bucket works as it should/the way it always has. Looked at the linkage, seems fine. Is there something in the valve like an oring that broke? Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies1
  1. #1Delmer2017-01-27 09:37

    Usually a hydraulic valve spool has a spring at the bottom, one of them could have broken. If you can get to it, you can take a cover off the bottom of that section of the valve bank and inspect it. Usually a die cast aluminum cover held on with two screws that look too small to be on something that heavy.