Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bought myself a new machine

Canadian_digger ยท 2017-01-28 12:16

Bought a brand new 2017 Deere 310SL with tier 3 engine in December. Though I would post a couple of pictures as everyone like to see new equipment. It now has just under 100hrs on it and has performed flawlessly. It has been doing mainly snow removal with a hydraulic pusher and a couple of digging jobs. So far I'm very happy with my purchase. The last brand new manchine I have bought was my 450J dozer back in 2005.

Replies25
  1. #1Tinkerer2017-01-28 13:54

    Nice addition to an already impressive list of equipment Canadian_digger. Congratulations !

  2. #2xgiovannix122017-01-28 14:57

    nice machine .

  3. #3DualsportWA2017-01-28 16:35

    Sweet. Can you post a picture of the hydraulic snow pushing setup?

  4. #4Canadian_digger2017-01-28 19:05

    This is the only picture I have at the moment. It's mounted on my 310SJ. The blade is 10' wide with 3' wings on each end that rotate 180*. The blade also angles. In my opinion this is one of the best set ups. You have pusher, revers box and 16' angle blade when it's opened up, all in one I will get some better pictures

  5. #5Metalman 552017-01-28 19:52

    Nice looking setup there Canadian_Digger. You must not be in southern Ont., as we only have about 1" of snow on the ground here! Who manufactured the winged snow blade?

  6. #6Canadian_digger2017-01-28 20:00

    I'm in eastern Ontario. 15 min from Quebec. The blade is made by Metalpless. I also have one made by HLA.

  7. #7Metalman 552017-01-28 20:24

    We have HLA attachments for our 580SM, a 10' pusher, forks, a 9' snow bucket & also a few HLA attachments on our 272D Skid Steer, forks, 8' snow bucket & a 74" toothed bucket. Check out this home made boom on a HLA adaptor plate to fit our quick attach.

  8. #8DualsportWA2017-01-28 23:16

    Dang! I want that for my Case 580K

  9. #9Plongson2017-01-29 09:34

    Holy Crap! That is a beautiful new hoe! It's hard to imagine how far they have come from my 210LE...and how yellow they are when new! LOL JUST DON'T GET IT DIRTY! HA! NICE Boom! I've been thinking about how to put something together for my 210LE with a non removable bucket as I can really use a boom from time to time. What are the "nubs" welded to the top of the boom in the photo?

  10. #10Metalman 552017-01-29 09:57

    They are for keeping slings in place that wrap around the boom further back for heavier lifts. We use nylon slings a lot for lifting. The nubs are ground smooth on all edges to ensure no cutting of slings.

  11. #11Plongson2017-01-29 12:45

    VERY good idea on the nubs! When I get around to building mine I'll do the same thing.

  12. #12Canadian_digger2017-01-29 14:01

    Took some more pictures. This one is the Metalpless from the first picture I posted.

  13. #13Canadian_digger2017-01-29 14:04

    This one is the HLA. I fabricated a mount with a switch that mounts to the loader arm, It is to control the side wings.

  14. #14oarwhat2017-01-29 15:26

    Which blade do you prefer HLA or Metal pless??

  15. #15Canadian_digger2017-01-29 15:47
  16. #16DualsportWA2017-01-29 15:58

    That looks like the ULTIMATE Backhoe plowing setup- what does a system like that run? (Heard you made you mount...) is it for heavy equipment specifically (not an adapted heavy truck plow)?

  17. #17Canadian_digger2017-01-29 17:59

    In my opinion they are the ultimate for snow. The only thing I made was the control in the cab. They are built for equipment not trucks. They cost around 13-16k Canadian

  18. #18DualsportWA2017-01-29 18:15

    Awesome, thanks for the info!

  19. #19Hoemaster2017-01-29 19:15

    I am new to this site. I was brought here by a search. Back in 2011 you were looking for help with a 310SG Starting Problems. Did you ever find out what was causing the starting problems. My 410 G is having the same issues.

  20. #20Canadian_digger2017-01-29 21:19

    If memory serves me right I think it ended up being the large relay under the dash. It's with the fuse panel. It's about 2" diameter and 2' tall. It has two positive posts. You can try jumping them with a wire to see if the backhoe starts. If it starts you found your problem. Hope this helps.

  21. #21Willie B2017-01-29 21:23

    Sweet! I'm thinking North of the border it wasn't cheap either. Willie

  22. #22Canadian_digger2017-01-29 22:08

    You got that right. Our dollar sucks right now. And looks like it's going be like that for a while.

  23. #23Canadian_digger2017-02-12 20:26

    My snow pusher seem to get a lot of attention so I snapped a pick with a blade full of snow. This is my 310SJ with metalpless pusher

  24. #24Hysert2017-02-13 14:11

    Do you have any live edges? They are amazing plows!!!

  25. #25Canadian_digger2017-02-13 17:55

    No live edge. Not sure if it's worth it in a 10' pusher.