The replaceable teeth on the rear backhoe bucket. 1. Are they a standard item or tractor brand specific? 2. How do you get them off and on? They seem to have a weird sort of split pin holding them on. 3. Do you need to replace all at once or can you replace the worn outside ones! 4. How do you know when to replace them? 5. Is there a brand to prefer! Thanks!
Post a pic of the type you have as there are many, many different types of shanks and teeth.
Here you go.
Those pins have rubber in them. You need a punch the same size as the pin to pound them out. Teeth you can buy on line, lot of them on ebay. Amazon has teeth and the pins. Joe H
Those are Hensley 23 series pretty much the original go to standard for backhoe teeth pretty generic I favor h an l I get them for about 10 to 12 bucks pins are about 2.50 another good brand is dura by Hensley Another thing get a pin master tool they are handy
If you can find some single point tiger teeth they work great for digging stumps.
If your going to use a punch, hold the punch with some channel lock pliers. I learned that the hard way.
If you have a oxc/act cutting torch cut a notch in the tooth behind the pin. The tooth will fall off and the pin will not be a problem to pound out.
I really think the real purpose behind a backhoe is to stimulate the tool market. I’ve bought more new tools to deal with the hoe than any other reason. Latest tool? Milwaukee grease gun and a 3/4 18 V impact kit.
those are specialized wide teeth for very loose materials and cutting sod very nicely. With skill you can peel up the sod with those teeth and set aside with ease. No doubt you an peel sod off with any bucket, but those flat spades are about as good as a cutting edge on a ditching bucket.
If you have a torch burn the rubber out of the pins instead of ruining the teeth. Bob
Do the edge ones need replacing, and can you replace one or two, or do you have to replace all of them at once?
If that tooth style is working out OK for you then I would just swap them around. Move middle ones out to the ends.
"If you have a torch burn the rubber out of the pins instead of ruining the teeth. Bob" It seems details are really important. I was referring to junk teeth. I cannot imagine any one with any intelligence, would ruin good teeth with that method.