Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Backhoe height – over height on trailer?

bdog1234 ยท 2015-08-25 16:14

I have a belshe tag Pintle trailer. Deck is 3' high. Pretty standard I think. I have a kubota M59 but am looking at getting a full size backhoe like a JD 310 or similar size in Cat, or Case. Looking at the specs online most of them list the height as 11' +. This would put me over 13'6". Never really been around full size backhoes much are they really this tall? Pretty sure I see guys transporting them on similar trailers?

Replies4
  1. #1Ronsii2015-08-25 16:26

    Is that the height with the boom up?

  2. #2lantraxco2015-08-25 17:02

    Yes, that's roading height with the boom straight up. Deere for instance is 9 foot to top of cab, plus any added strobe lights, etc.

  3. #3bdog12342015-08-25 17:05

    That was the "transport" height listed on ritchie specs. I guess it would be the boom up but not sure. If the roof is only 9' I should be good because I can lower the boom some on the trailer.

  4. #4Ronsii2015-08-25 17:38

    I figured... We have had our 410 on the tiltbed and it's ~3 feet... don't remember hitting anything with it