I have a 94 Ford 575D backhoe. Last fall the steering started to get a little difficult to turn like it was running low on fluid on a car. This spring it barely works at all. I don't see a pump on it anywhere. The lines go to the rear as if it runs off the main hydrolic system. There is a large filter back there that seems to be part of the system. I am told that the filter is for the entire hydrolic system and the other hydrolics seem to be working fine. I am suspecting the apparatus that is behind the steering wheel. Anybody have any ideas.
If it's 2wd it's common if it's been resting alot for the king pins to seize
I would tee a pressure gauge into the PS supply hose and see what it is versus what the manual says it should be. You do have a manual, don't you? We have a manual swap meet on this forum, might be able to find one there. And if you get into the steering gear itself, a manual is not optional for 95% of the population.
I don't think it is king pins because it is intermitently easy to turn. And it is easy when cruising down the road. I do not have a manual so I will look on the swap meet. Thanks guys.