I have a Backhoe that has a rear tire slow leak, is there something that a guy can put in the tire to stop it ?
You can try putting a plug in it if you find the hole and see if that works. Sometimes it might take 2 or 3 depending on the hole size. more than likely you will have to put a tube in it.
Is there a tube already? have you found the leak if it's tubeless? soapy water spray bottle around the bead first.
If it is tubeless here is an example of what can be used to seal the leak. Costs about $40.00 a gallon US.
I have put slim in a BH rear tire in the past and now would not recommend it . If it's tubeless stick a tube in it . Or what has worked for me with a slow leak is put 60# or so of air in the tire lift it off the ground and slowly turn it by hand and listen at the top of the wheel . If you hear it you can use soapy water then to pin point it and install a plug I found radial tire plugs work best. I also keep a couple 2" no. round head screws in the backhoe for emergency's if I get a nail hole, and screw them in until the head is flush. I've left these in a few times for the rest of the life of the tire with no problem.
Do people ever foam fill backhoe tires, or is that just too rough a ride?
I don't know if anyone has. But, look on you-tube for videos that show what it takes to remove a foam filled tire when it needs to be replaced.
On a backhoe? No thanks. Talk about a rough ride.
Figure out where it's leaking. If it's tubeless and it's leaking at the bead, you could try resealing the bead with this: https://www.amazon.com/Xtra-14-101-...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795269553138&psc=1
Use a plug. Use a plug. Or a bead sealing compound that dries. Tubes and/or slime work but it's a world of hurt and then you're working around that system. With plugs you just pop another in and air it up and keep working. I have a lot of experience with all this foolishness, unfortunately.
Slime doesn't permit plugs to stick in the future. Tubes almost always rotate and tear inside the tire. And if they get a simple puncture you can't plug them. If your tire is ruined somehow and you're buying yourself more time, then a tube filled with slime will work for a while. But it'll drive you nuts with details until you buy a new tire. Tire plugs! Bead sealing compound! Sorry for the rant I appeared to have had a ptsd flashback
On a big backhoe tire, we use a 5 gallon bucket of slime. Also use a full 5 gallon bucket in each tire on the 4x4 tractor we mow mesquite brush with.
A story from my employer. We had a kubota like b21 size TLB. The guy kept getting flats. my boss sends the 2 front tires out to be foam filled, like some of our forklifts. When they come back, they would give you a hernia to lift, but somehow the they didnt get the foam in the tires, round. We put it on the little tractor, then drove it over to strap it to the trailer. It was so out of round, it damn near threw you off the tractor. Back to the shop, and send them back out where they cut them off and installed new tires...another of life's lessons .
I always use foam filled tires on front of backhoe. Just drive a little slower, not that bad, but never to get a flat and can lift heavy things without tires squashing down. Nothing worse than being greeted with a flat 1st thing in morning or during work. Nick