Ok I have a case 680h with 16.9x28 tires and i am looking into new tires since I cannont find a good 4x4 around here. Anyone have any ideas on what to look for? So far I like the industrial tractor lug by titan and can get them new for around $580ea. Also is there a retread option out there if so is it worth it? Lastley are these used tires worth anything they still have a little tread on them with no leaks they just don't have any traction in the mud or snow?? Thanks for your help.
I bought a pair of used tires the same size last year from a local Goodyear dealer. They were Goodyear brand tradins with some tread left. Perfect for me because I drive in yards from time to time and i didn't want new treads. I paid $100.00 for each one,plus $35.00 each, for new tubes. I had the old tires off the rims so I only had to pay $25.00 to have each one mounted. To sum it up I think they have some value especially if you find a used rim and mount one on it for a spare.
I researched tires for six mounths at least for my new holland lb75b 19.5 -24 .I finelly decieded on a set of solid deal tires. I am very happy with them tho I couldn't put them on myself had to go to a tire shop them buggers were stiff.
I wish I could find a deal like that! I need a 14.9-28 and was shocked at the price of new tires.
I found that calling tire shops that sell and service these types of tires is not the thing to do. The people that answer the phones usually have no idea what is in their storage buildings.I just don't think they keep an inventory on old tires. But the men working in the shops and on the service trucks know from memory what they have. After I was at the counter in one store and was told they didn't have anything ,I went out to the shop and a guy mounting a tire says to me "Yeah we have two sets of used ones (backhoe) out in a container" He even knew one set had mismatched treads ! They had several containers with all sorts of used tires. Backhoe, road grader and truck tires. They appeared to be all usable tires. At least from what I saw.
Ended up finding a nearly new (still has teets) 13.6-28 for $150. Slightly smaller than the 14.9 but close enough.
Does anyone have a link to a site that has basic specifications listed for models of each manufacturer? like CASE 580 C, D, E, L, M ? not super maintenance details but stuff like HP, tire sizes, weights, dig depth ECT? been looking at getting my first Hoe and have narrowed it down to a Case or JD but there is a staggering amount of things to consider. They all have a selection of machines in the range I am looking at $15 - 25k and I really like to do my homework before forking out the cash. would like to make the best decision I can to begin with and hope for the best. Sorry to hijack this thread but it is kinda related, was looking at a few machines and wondering what new rubber might cost but dont know what size to even ask for.
i have good years and on ice snow or anything they grip good i barely use 4x4 just when piling everything up
73 Case 580b... wondering what is the widest ( turf? ) tire I could put on the front of the machine. It's soggy around here and I'm trying to minimise sinking in & making furrows. regards... d2r
Backhoe tires - Update Ended up cutting to the chase and went with Carlisle F3 11L16 @ $230 per tire. Looks like I'm gonna have to do the front spindles & tie rod as well... if I'd noticed how scary loose the front end was, I probably wouldn't have dared drive down to the garage. Ah well... always something else, huh?