Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Backhoe Tires

ronnied ยท 2018-02-03 20:30

Looking for recommendations on where to get/order 21L-24 Backhoe tires on the cheap. Not interested in chinese, and this is for off road use, use in the woods/small family farm/homestead type use. thanks and any suggestions appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1hammertime2018-02-03 22:44

    I have been using solideal tires SLA R4 (Indonesian mfg)with great results. The shop recommended them over other brands. Price was very competitive

  2. #2old-iron-habit2018-02-04 18:17

    Not sure what size that translates to in inches but I have a brand new pair of 1400-24-TG Goodyear Sure Grips, 12 ply. They are the heavy dual bar backhoe type tread. I bought them at a auction at a iron ore mine that closed for my front end loader but my tires are still real good so I don't think I will ever install them. I will make you a deal if they will work. Will be cheaper than a new pair of Chinese for sure. PM me if interested.

  3. #3ronnied2018-02-04 20:59

    old iron, are those solid tires. i may indeed be interested if they will work on my hoe, let me do some research and firgure it out, thanks!

  4. #4Delmer2018-02-04 22:23

    I'm thinking 1400 is 14.00, more like grader tire than a backhoe tire. 1400mm would be 55". OIH, don't those tires fit your Pettibone? or is that the loader you meant.

  5. #5old-iron-habit2018-02-05 20:21

    Both my Pettibone's have 12:00 24s. My 922A Cat loader has 14:00 24s but it has real good tires and at 6 to 10 hours a year and kept inside they should last as long as me. They are not solid tires. They are 12 ply pneumatic. Not sure but I believe they may be tube type. They are brand new never mounted tires complete with the molding tits still on them. $500 for the pair. Need room in the conex. I can send pictures Thursday when we get to the homestead if you are interested.

  6. #6rickw2018-02-06 07:20

    We have Solideal on our 580SL. They seem pretty good. They were on it when we got it.

  7. #7HandLogger2018-02-12 11:41

    Hey, RonnieD , do you want radials or bias play tires for your machine? Which machine are you buying tires for (make and model)?

  8. #8Yassen-TE2018-03-06 05:06

    Now I use Solideal (rear)