I have a 630 case I mounted a backhoe on. so pretty much the same size as a 580ck. the ck has the heavier axle etc up front. my question is would 14.9x28 8 ply tires be sufficient for the rear?
630 ? Typo mistake ? All the Case tractors are CK's. The Model number with or without a letter next to it determines what it is. You could have a 530ck or a later model 530ck series B. The tire size you are referring to are sufficient. When buying new ones, I have found that tires with more plys are sometimes cheaper. 10 ply would be a better choice for a tractor with a backhoe on it. The reason is the shock load the tires get when carrying something heavy in the bh bucket. I just put new 12 ply tires on my own machine. Just my opinion on the tires. Others may disagree !
thanks for the reply, I have a chance to get a set of used so was curious about load ability. so it is a 630 ag tractor with a ford hoe on it thanks again
I have 16.9 x 28 tires 8-ply R-4 tread on my Ford 555 backhoe with the Extend-a-hoe. The new Harvest King tire that replaced the original Firestone is rated to use 30 psi while the manual states 24 psi. All looks good for my operation, so I don't think you'd have a problem. But others might differ.
I agree , those tires he can get are adequate.