Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

“Backup Mode” warning?

Tyler Cohrs ยท 2022-08-05 20:41

Have a 2018 Cat 308E2 SR that is saying "Backup Mode" on the screen with a constant alarm going on. Went into diag screen and did find a code. Any ideas with this? Thanks!!

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2022-08-05 21:56

    You flipped a switch, inadvertently, somewhere. The machine is now on fixed powershift mode, along with a disabled throttle dial. The switch is there for limping home when electronics have issues, such as a pressure sensor failure.

  2. #2heymccall2022-08-05 22:14
  3. #3Tyler Cohrs2022-08-05 22:30

    What your saying sounds exactly like what my machine is doing currently. It will run and dig this way but has very limited power. Ill look more into finding this switch tomorrow. Thanks!

  4. #4Tyler Cohrs2022-08-06 20:47

    So I did find that switch by the right hand controls was flipped up for some reason. I turned it off and now everything seems to be working normal with no alarm sound also. I think maybe somebody at the auction site was messing around with it and didn't know what they were doing! Thanks