What is this? And why would you do it? Backwards D8 Dt
Have seen it done several times to aid in pulling with the winch in soft,slick ground, the blade sinks in and makes a good holding point to get the max pull. In the pic it shows several in the back, they have the front winches for the blade, but that rear winch is for pulling.
Yair . . . Notice how they have reeved the front PCU to still operate the blade. A simple smart modification for a specialised job I reckon . . . nice. Cheers.
I was still scratching my head, but this makes sense sheepfoot.
A friend of mine in the heavy wrecker business has a log skidder set up like that. It works well.
I think its on the back to make it easyer to load blade on trailer (lifts higher) when get to job put it on write way around and start sniggin logs again Cheers Leroy
And there's at least 2 of them, there's another one in the back ground of some of the pictures.
Yup, it's an anchor alright Pj
I worked oilfield in MS and other wet gumbo places for years. Some rig access required putting our 80k lb trucks on a 'mud boat' to be winched to location, actually floating over mud that can be many feet deep. I never saw a dozer set up like that but have seen D-8's sliding backwards while winching, and the blade on the back would be a perfect tool for that job. That's my vote. Or, maybe the dozer is set up for someone who likes backblading a little too much Bob
Well, It is a CAT. :roll