I blew a line while working yesterday. Dumped out most of my fluid but it was still mobile, just no hydraulics for the the bucket or lift. I couldn’t tell but I think it is a line that goes to the oil cooler. I’m hoping it will be obvious as I start to track it down. I need to know if I can used the front end loader on my farm tractor to raise the lift and bucket so I can lock it down and raise the ROPS. I’m guessing I will at least have to release the brake, any other suggestions? This will be my first time working on a skid steer. Does anyone have any ideas about finding the leak? I need any tips you can offer. Thanks.
Best not to work alone on these things. Start and have a couple of sets of eyes watching to narrow down leak area. Oil moves all over in those small spaces. It won't always be where you think it is. Look for wear points, anything rubbing on metal. If the machine can run for a minute I'd top the oil and lift the arms. If it doesn't lift, there's the leak. If the leak isn't in the lift arms I don't think it'll be easy to lift with another loader, hydraulic oil will lock up movement. Good luck and stay safe!
Not sure but if you can put it in float position you could lift the loader arms with a tractor loader.