Hi, I have a 1987 Ford 445a TLB. 2 wheel drive with shuttle shift.It has about 2500hrs on it. I was lifting a heavy pallet of pavers with it, and shortly after, I started hearing a whine anytime I ran the loader or hoe controls. The machine moves around fine, but all the loader/hoe movements are super slow and noisy and jittery. The fluid looks good (quality and quantity)on the dipstick that is next to the shifter. Any ideas? did I blow the pump by lifting this heavy pallet (3000lbs+)? Thanks, Kev
Sounds like a problem on the suction side of the pump. ATCOEQUIP where are you? Are you up yet?
Sounds like you blew the main relief open and it is sticking open. I have not worked on fords so that is all I can offer.
LoL...at "Today 02:44 PM" I was finishing putting a clutch in a Dodge 3500. :tong Hmmm, haven't worked on one of these. Does the hyd pump draw from tranny reservoir? Could be a cavitaion problem from something blocking the suction line. Wouldn't be from lifting the pavers though, that would just be coinsidence. Happened suddenly? Could be pump failure. Rare to do that though, but not impossible. Pumps normally suffer progressive wear, wear over time until it's too weak to do any heavy work. More common sudden problem is relief valve failure. You said you can here whine noise, can you tell where it's coming from? That would help a lot.
Yeup Atco has hit the nail on the head pressure release valve or the pump in that order