I thought the truck i was working on had a bad compresser. Last fall i replaced the dash valves and saw it had oil in it. It is a farm truck so it was parked after that. I started working on it friday and to day i pulled the compresser intake tube off that supplys air from the engines head to the compresser. It had some oil in it so i pulled the hose that runs from the outlet side of the turbo to the cooler if front of the rad. It was coated with black sticky oil. It is a M11. Is there any way to clean the air brake system out? I have been told that the oil will eat up the rubber parts.
Don't know about these days, but back in the 80's I had one truck that the compressor filled the system with oil. Turned all the brake diaphrams and every rubber valve seal into jelly, you could peel them apart with your fingers. Was not conducive to safe braking performance. Dunno about cleaning the system but I would think that air line alcohol would be helpful?
You didn't mention what make or year model the truck is, but if it's up in the 90's or newer it likely has a Bendix (or similar) filter/dryer on it, that will trap a lot of the crud so you better service it. Also, you need to remove the aftercooler and have a radiator shop wash it out or you'll continue to have a problem even after you fix turbo problem.
Someone may have changed the turbo in the past, or the air filters may have turn into a mouse hotel causing the turbo to suck oil by the seals.
The filter is 4 vears old and not in good shape.I know that the guys have blown it out once a year.I dont know how many miles it is drove a year around 5000 at the most. I didnt look at the filter gauge yet. The dryer exhausts on a airtank support and it is very oily.Sounds like this could be a major ordeal.I worked on several trucks lately and have a hard time remembering but i think its a 2000 IH.The last guy that drove it said the brakes didnt work right.
You can put a valve on air tank and you just pull it and the oil comes out first, so you just pull it until the air is clean and no oil.