I have a mid 90s Baker Linde forklift with GF3L913 Deutz Propane powered 3 cylinder air cooled engine and would like to adjust the valves. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find specifications for this particular Deutz engine type. There are several Google responses for diesel powered Deutz 9xx engines but nothing for propane powered. The diesel specs are 0.006" on intake and exhaust (cold). I am concerned that the propane engine valves may get hotter and don't know if the specs are affected. Wasn't sure where to post, but since this is in a forklift, I thought I would start here. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.
IIRC .008 intake, .018 exhaust.
Vetech63, Thanks for the response. The engine is running fine, but the valve cover gaskets are leaking. I was thinking of adjusting the valves while it was getting new gaskets. I will measure and record all adjustments and see how they compare with your recollection. I will post my findings.
Vetech63, Sorry for the delay, Medical procedure got in the way. All fixed now. I checked my current settings and all the intakes and exhausts are 0.016 to 0.020" cold. Looks like my exhausts are reasonable, but the intakes are all loose. Is there any possibility that the intakes should be the same as the exhausts? The 3 cylinder settings were: 1I - 0.018" 1E - 0.020" 2I - 0.016" 2E - 0.016" 3I - 0.020" 3E - 0.018" Thanks again for all the help.
Ide still go with .008 on intake and .018 on the exhaust.