I have a Genie S40 manlift 2007 model with the deutz engine. It was working fine until the other night. When I am in the basket and I put the switch to high idle (rabbit) and I push on the foot petal it doesn't go high idle anymore and just stays at low idle. I know the foot petal is good cause all of the functions work when it is pressed down. Where do I start looking? Thanks
Throttle solenoid getting power?
Does the throttle work from the lower control station?
No it does not work from lower station. It was working in the basket and was taking several presses of the foot petal for it to move to high idle but now it wont move to high idle at all. Either place.
If that's the case start at the fuel throttle solenoid, as skata stated, see if it's getting power, which will require a helper to toggle the switch at the lower control station while you check the power wire at the solenoid. If it's getting power likely just a failed solenoid. If it's not getting power you'll have to check the circuit. You can download the manual for your machine at the Genie website which will have the schematics you need. Don't worry about the platform for now, work from the lower control station. If you get it working from there you may find it then works from the platform as well.
OK I will try this and let you know. Thank You
Here is the update. I took the solenoid off the throttle and wired my test light up. I went to the basket and hit the petal and switch and the light came on. I went to ground control and hit the switch and the light came on. I took the old solinoid and put it on the bench and put it on my test battery and I couldn't get it to work. So I called up parts place and they didn't have one. So Amazon it was. Here the next day. All if well!! Thank You.