Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Balls of Steel

jimmyjack ยท 2008-08-01 22:19

check this out these are not my pics i got them from another site, anyone ever see anything like this, you guys think its real or photoshoped. pretty impressive if it was really done Note: Threads merged. Beginning with post #10, the replies are from the second thread on this subject. Digger242j

Replies31
  1. #1bear2008-08-01 23:00

    WOW!

  2. #2SouthOnBeach2008-08-01 23:13

    thats insane!

  3. #3Lashlander2008-08-02 01:22

    I've seen that before. I can't remember where though. If I remember right it was done at a construction show in Europe.

  4. #4Bellboy2008-08-02 08:14

    :notworthy :cool2 opcorn - - - - - - - - - :dizzy

  5. #5HeyUvaVT2008-08-02 08:29

    thats either the coolest or craziest thing I have EVER seen done with an excavator....wowow

  6. #6Bellboy2008-08-02 08:42

    Don't try this at home then, I suppose...

  7. #7EZ TRBO2008-08-03 11:31

    DANG IT, you ruined my fun. I was just going to go out and try that in the back yard. Trbo :notworthy:drinkup

  8. #8Dozerboy2008-08-03 20:52

    Damn.....

  9. #99420pullpan2008-08-17 17:11

    I'm not sure if I would have the balls to attempt this little act of bravery..

  10. #10biggixxerjim2008-08-17 17:48

    W-O-W

  11. #11cps2008-08-17 18:10

    realy dont think id have the balls ether

  12. #12LowBoy2008-08-17 19:10

    I'm semi crazy, yes...but not stupid .:spaz

  13. #13544D102008-08-17 19:17

    I think the purpose of this eludes me :beatsme

  14. #14curly2008-08-17 19:22

    Purpose is most likely exhibition. Look at what the new excavator can do!

  15. #15LowBoy2008-08-17 19:46

    Just imagine if it slipped out from those steps, popped a hydraulic line, etc. That would have to hurt. What good is this performance doing to the structural integrity of that hoe by the way? I just think there could be a much better way to demonstrate it's capabilities without endangering the operator's life, and bending that machine all up. Do some deadweight lifting on terra firma or something, for Pete's sake... Not saying it ain't cool to look at, but geez...How often will a guy be climbing a tower and hang himself off it and do curls? I wanna see if it'll pick up a 1500 gallon septic tank and set it in the hole rather than some nut doing acrobatics.:idontgetit

  16. #16jlm3352008-08-17 20:15

    :OMGI aint that stupid!:spaz but i praise the man who has the balls to do it!:notworthyhow are the tracks staying on the little pedastal?

  17. #17humboldt deere2008-08-17 20:17

    Their wedged in between the pedesatal and another above so they cant rock back.....crazy

  18. #18jlm3352008-08-17 21:02

    o i see it.. dur i am a dufus.. i cant believe they would do that.. that would be creepy you would start flipping back and then just stop.. could you imagine accidentally hitting the track sticks before having the boom up there that would suck!!!!

  19. #19jimmyjack2008-08-17 21:08

    repost

  20. #20insleyboy2008-08-17 21:26

    I wanna see the video to prove to me it's not a hoax......someone know how to snokes this?

  21. #21jrtraderny2008-08-17 21:27

    Probably cost more for that custom tower than the machine did !! jr

  22. #22LowBoy2008-08-18 04:33

    Very good point.:thumbsup

  23. #23redline2008-08-18 04:44

    now thats just the bee's knee's and bloody awesome to boot

  24. #24RonG2008-08-18 04:55

    Snopes.com should do it. http://snopes.com/ It looks legit to me.............the mindset that created that are designing the equipment that we have to run these days.Ron G

  25. #25knucklehead982008-08-18 09:48

    I saw that guy get out of the machine, he was pushing his balls around in a wheelbarrow!!!!!!!!

  26. #26tonka2008-08-18 10:12

    no no hauling them aroung in a dumptruck is more like it.......:notworthy

  27. #27digger242j2008-08-18 10:19

    It's the mindset of those that are doing the marketing. Everything has to be more spectacular than the other guy. Question for everybody, and no fair going back to look: What brand of machine is that? (No, I don't know either.) On edit: I do have to add that I thought it was a pretty awesome demonstration though. But it really tells you nothing about what you're really looking for in a machine, like cost/hour and resale value...

  28. #28Noose2008-08-18 10:58

    Going up one thing coming down would have a guy figgerin'

  29. #29[-Agent-]2008-08-18 14:40

    Hopefully the excavator is remote controlled. I bet they have to clean out the cab daily if its not...

  30. #30MKTEF2008-08-18 15:50
  31. #31AtlasRob2008-08-23 14:07