Problem with my 2650 LinkBElt Excavator , The motor wont throttle up when i turn throttle dial up, And manual switch doesnt work either need help quick
Try taking it in for service. If you don't know what you are doing, sometimes it's better to pay for it!
Have to agree with Cropduster there KMS.
Possibly a bolt or something came undone and bound up our throttle linkage by the injector pump. You wouldnt usually lose both electric and manual throttle at the same time unless the manual linkage is falling apart or bound up. Good luck
I think that one of those funny looking wire fuses controls the throttle but it has been a long time since I ran one and can't remember for sure.It seems the fuses are near the manual throttle toggle switch and there may be spares there as well. I have repaired the computers in them before too,seems like the vibration over the years cracks the solder joints on the circuit boards and I just needed to reflow the solder to repair them.We also had a 2800 that needed the same thing.Ron G
Just check that the knob has not been turned to far by someone . My machine wont throttle up until it does as systems check . A truck driver did'nt know this and kept turning the knob trying to get it to rev . It had twisted the wires under the switch and pulled one off as the whole barrel had been turned .
Easy there dudes, it may have been KMS who twisted the knob too far. If he goes to the dealer, they can give him a crash course in how to operate it!
Dealer Hey Fellows Thanks for the reply Keep em coming Ill Find someone in here who had the same problem this is common with these machines, but know one can figure it out, And for bringing it to the DEALER , I did have the dealer come out and they couldn't figure it out cost me a ton of money too Thanks Again Its Not the Linkage or throttle motor they been Replaced Its seems to be either the computer or throttle knob , the shut off switch is connected to it to doesn't work either Thanks
Close Ron i think you maybe close to somthing , Try and remember What fuses , I would appreciated , There are green like large fuses about 2 Inches long and 1 inch round under the redundant switch is that what your talking about
The fuses that I remember were just a flat piece of wire on a plastic form maybe?They were ganged together in a fuse block and it seems that there were spares in the cover maybe?In any case you should be able to see a blown fuse.....swap a good one from the lights etc to see if it helps.The LinkBelts I have worked on were from the mid '80s. I think they were behind your right elbow when running the machine.If you have to pull the computer I will check it out for you.Ron G
Fuse Box No blown fuses in the fuse box I pulled computer and opened it up looks good nothing blown
You cannot tell if anything is is blown by looking at it.The next logical move is to get a wiring schematic and a meter and start tracing the circuits that affect whatever your percieved problems are.I think Tyler Equipment is still the dealer.Ron G
Tyler Tyler doesn't sell these machine anymore Volvo made them get rid of the line , Anyway getting back to the computer , I was told if the two lights in front of computer are lighting up its fine But that was by the mechanic who couldn't fix it , When i took it apart, it look brand new but you say that doesn't matter , I have a schematic and i followed wires and it leads to computer , But computer is 2000 dollars which i don't mind paying for but I will not get money back if not the problem I'm getting a like a dead short which leads to computer , any way Thanks for the help If you think of any thing post it, one more question can anybody test these computers
If you are getting a short in a circuit leading to the computer then tracing the line back from the computer with an ohm meter should reveal the fault.If you have a schematic then you are 99% fixed.If the short is within the computer then I may be able to help you.The big plus for you is having obtained a schematic,that really simplifies things a great deal.Ron G