Hello I am looking for parts for a Bantam Excavator C-450 serial # 603. I was hoping you could help or direct me to somewhere that may have parts for this. Specifically I am looking for Bantam Part Number 35047 The Pinion shaft/gear from the motor that drives the three hydraulic pumps. Thank You for your time, Baker
I have a 450 C serial #937, I was told that most of the parts that I would get would be from an industrial supply. That pinion gear is a different animal. You may have to ask a lot of people, but I would try and find out who made that Gear reduction unit and go to them and try and get the part. If that dosen't work the next step might be to have one made and hardened. Does your machine have the Detroit or the Allis in it? I assume you have a complete manual or you would not have been able to supply a part number?
processed iron is what now? $170-200 a ton?
Is that what you tell all those old guys driving their 50's, 60's, and 70's detroit steel and sheet metal around. I am in the process of painting my little machine and the paint job might be worth more than the steel under it. It still digs holes, moves dirt, loads trucks and whatever else I ask it to do. And it will pay for itself a lot sooner than a late model one. I have had this machine for a little more than 20 years now. A hose here and there, rebuilt a couple of cylinders, put new lining on the frictions. I use this for my own personal use, If I had a big construction company or put a machine on a for hire job and ran the machine 40 hours a week I would have a newer one. This works just fine for what I use it for. I bought a truck several years ago for $500, drove it for 5 years. Put a couple of bucks in it to keep it running. So it cost me about $100 bucks a year to drive it. With scrap at $200 a ton that was the lowest cost vehicle I ever drove. I do still use that truck around the acres I have to haul stuff. I would not sell it for $200 a ton. I would not sell the Bantam for $200 a ton either. I dug it my own sewer and water hook up with it two years ago. And I have a few more jobs for it to do, that machine probably does not owe me a dime. If I had to hire out all the work that machine has done I could have bought two of them. Have a nice day
:drinkup
I agree 100%. Why do I keep my worn out 1965 Massey Ferguson running with it's routine breakdowns? Because it still gets the job done far cheaper than anything else for its limited duty (under 100hrs./year).
Geez I saw an old Bantam sitting on the side of a road a few days ago, still looked pretty good to me. Why would you buy new when you only use it once in a while and it owes you nothing? If your not making payments on it then your only paying fuel and maintenance and the rest is gravy. And if it produces better than the pos Cat 330B I was running yesterday then all the better.
I used to have a Bantam C-450, it was a tough old machine! I'd still have it if it wasn't for my ex... Now that she's gone I've replaced it with a Hein Werner C12HD. I just love those old machines! The Bantam was tough, strong and slow. It was also very stable I found, with the clean up bucket full of sand you could extend it all the way out over the side and it still didn't feel tippy. Also very simple. I relined the frictions for the swing, the drive didn't need it. The only real problem was that it was always breaking it's drive chains to the tracks in the worst possible places... The ol' 4-53 was very worn, burned more oil than fuel it seemed but it still ran and worked. I sure wish I still had it... Unfortunately I don't have any idea where to get parts though... Most everything is pretty standard stuff. I believe the transmission to the 3 pumps is a Funk unit, you may be able to find a source that sells/sold Funk parts that could help you... Sorry I'm not any more help... Here's some pictures of my old girl...
Hi Baker, I have a C-450 and was lucky to find a partts manual for it. If you need part numbers feel free to get ahold of me @ [email protected] . I also have a couple places that may have parts for you. Aaron
I bought a lower pinion for my lower transmission from tractor service and supply in Columbus Ohio. I spoke to Len, 1-614-444-6818 o r1-800-848-9456. If it is a Funk unit I believe transmission engineering co in Pa is a dealer, nice folks when I dealt with them 10 years back or so fo ra 12000 model. Good luck in your search. C-450 4-53 love it.
.......:salute:salute
try louisiana weld&press 225-654-6831 ask for mr. bill
try louisiana weld&press 225-6546831 ask for mr bill.he has a large invetory of used and new parts for most heavy equipment.new or old models.
Minnpar took over the parts distribution for Bantam and most Koehring in the mid 90's. I know this, I was a Koehring dealer and had to start buying product from them. 800-889-3382 is their number. Anyone you call will have to get it from them
I have an old Bantam c450 that i am looking to sell anyone interested call 240-682-1370 . it run and drives works good
Parts for Bantam I have parts for a Bantam please email at [email protected] if interested
fd001452: Please send photos to [email protected] . What are you asking for it? I can be reached at 504-915-0295. Thanks, Paul
We have a 450 bantam for sale 3197256278
Sounds like my old broker and ex wife. Always telling me what to do with my money. Tom
I have heard of processed iron up around $300.00 a ton. Maybe some of the owners of this scrap will unload their Detroit scrap that you can't buy parts for anymore. Three of these were built in Auburn Indiana. This is a 1927 Buick that Chicago businessman Mr. Al Capone bought for one of his employees. In the drivers door a little extra steel plating was installed for the safety of the driver. Mr. Capone ran into a little bad luck when he forgot to pay his income taxes. When his income did not support his life style seems the IRS got a little jealous. At $300.00 a ton why would anyone keep something like this around? The second picture is a pink Auburn owned by a lady, as if you could not tell it was owned by a lady. The third picture is another Auburn, Nice looking car. There is a Auburn Cord, Duesenberg museum in Auburn, Indiana, at where i believe is the original factory for the three. The fourth is a Duesenberg, with a pretty impressive engine. For you truckers a Red model T truck. Should have been painted Black. Colors other than black were not an option until the Model A days I think. Not much tonnage in this Model T, but maybe he could get double scrap price. That red paint brings the value down some.
Hey, Fnord. When you get that C-450 painted... Post the pics here we'd love to see it!
bantam c450 is this a 12v or 24 v system i've read there was both, starter is dragging so i don't know if its bad or wrong voltage
Mine was 12v, my starter went bad and I had it rebuilt, there’s a 12 point bolt on the back side of it that’s a gigantic pain in the rear to get out...