Hello everybody, I've been offered a Hitachi EX60 from a local *******... It's been on their lot for several months now and it's in pretty rough shape... They want just a shade under 8K CDN for it... It has 12988.6 hrs on it, and it's got the usual dings and scraped up counter weight. It appears to have auxiliary hydraulics but no quick change and no blade. Somebody cut the roof out and there's a pedal on the floor that has some clothesline wrapped to it that runs out through the roof to the engine... Apparently that's their throttle control. I haven't seen the machine in person yet, they told me all this over the phone. Now apparently the machine doesn't run anymore, so could be that it's a huge money pit... From the pictures it looks like there are no major leaks but who knows... Can anybody tell me what year it would be? The serial number is 10M38207 and it appears to be an EX60-3 according to the serial number tag... I was thinking offer them 3K CDN for it and see what they say. Am I being unreasonable with that number? I'm going on the premise that it could take a sizeable chunk of change to get it to useable condition again... Unfortunately I can't upload pictures from where I am but you guys can see the pictures at http://burnaby.repo.com/report/36995 and if anybody else is interested by all means go for it, I was just thinking of it as another project (as if I don't have enough already) Thanks, Toby
If you get it for $3k Then go for it for def!!! even at 8k you should have room to work!
I would think they would counter offer and say 4G even at 4 I would do it 8 would scare me a little I think but that's just me. Even at 4 you have 4 left to play with . Good luck hope you get it for what you want. I just registerd and looked at the pics and seen its a grey market machine and for me I dont walk away I run away from those I got burned on a grey Hitachi 270 left a bad taste in my mouth.
Thanks for the info guys, Cummins05 how can you tell it's a grey market machine? I kinda had suspicions too but don't know how to tell...
The chinese or japenies writing screams import and the decals look off for a North american machine. If it is and I could get it cheap like practicly given to me ok but if not all you would see is the dust from me leaving fast.
I paid 14K for mine, has an offset boom and blade, 3800 hrs and runs like a top and in great shape. Id low ball them its sounds rough. But as for parts and service info Wajex has been a great help to me, I also have the info for the guys in Delta that can get all the engine parts. So parts arent a problem.
Hi Guys, all I know of the ex60 is they are good as long as the Isuzu motor isn't abused, they're a bit delicate. I'm newby here, figured as I can't start threads yet I'd ask here where the smaller machines are spoken of, has anybody used an EX 90-1 ? One came up locally and I'm wondering if I go with it or a Cat E120B which is a bit heavier. I note the local Hitachi website has no mention of the 90 even in "non current models" so have no idea what year/s they were made. Any info appreciated Thank You.
-1's are early 90's machines with the really boxy cabs. I had never heard of an ex90 before tonight. There aren't any on Machinery Trader, but i did find a couple parts catalogs for sale on ebay. They must be the predecessor to the ex100 or 110's. I'm unsure of the grey market situation in New Zealand, so that is definitely something to check into.
I offer to pay scrap prices from machines in that condition. That way in worst case senario, I break even or close to. If they have a rope tied tot he injection pump, what else did they cobble?? Btw, that cat 307 on there seems like a decent deal, I didn't get to see it up close or find the hours out though. Wait the cab is the wrong color, looks like another grey machine.
Over here that little machine would not sit around long at all! even in that condion it would get £6-7000 sterling easy!!!
Spitzair. I too have looked at the same machine you have looked at in Burnaby. I was tempted, but there are quite a few issues with the one they are selling. On top of all mentioned above, take a look at the top of the stick where the hydraulic ram is attached. Right at the joint where the pin meets the ram, it has broken off and a crap job was done to fix it... Just about everything on this machine needs to be looked at. All pins are loose and need redoing. I am staying away from this one.
Thanks for the heads up! I did talk to them on the phone and all they said that it runs well, just a few issues like the throttle was controlled with the wire through the roof, when I asked him what the pins and bushings and undercarriage were like he said "good"... I did notice the repair on the stick but from the pictures can't tell what kinda quality it is. I guess I'll stay away as well, don't need another basket case! Thanks, Cheers!
The only reason theres asian writing on it is because the machine is in Vancouver
Just put in an offer on the cat 307 or the pc75 (but thats a little out of your price range- if you have one). I'm not to sure if you can bargain at a repo lot? If you like that size of excavator check this one out! Both look good condition http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/grd/1952570418.html heres a nice ex60.. http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/grd/1976390925.html
Hello. This has nothing to do with the thread at hand but I don't know how to start a new thread. I have a grey market ex 60. Don't know anything else as far as whether its a -1,-2... But here's my problem. The hydraulics where whining while Runnin the machine. I changed the filters and went back to work. Then the swing brake wouldn't release, a few minutes later the left track quit working. Then the swing quit all together. Then all controls quit except for the right track. It works perfect. When you do any other control there's no load up or anything. It's as if its shut down. Any help would be great. Thanks.