In 1991 the HCEA convention was in Waverly Iowa. When we toured the Bantam Factory they had a table set up with old pictures that they let us take (geat deal). I got some pictures of a Bantam T250 hoe which I had never heard of. I have only seen the 350 crawler and truck mounts. If anyone has one or knows of one I would be interested in purchasing one to restore. Please PM me with your phone number so we can talk! Doug
You can learn something new everyday, I never heard of the 250, that is awesome. As a Bantam aficionado and collector I enjoy new finds such as this, so thank you. Right now I have a T350 crane I'm currently restoring, been all over hell looking for a backhoe and more stick but haven't had any luck.
Might have seen something like that except not on a truck at the zagray farm in colchester ct last time I was there
Bump
big show I thing my cousin still has a cable hoe for a long gone c-350 ,its in Mississippi if your interested never mind it appears you have found one
I never seen this before. It looks like a wrecker. And it looks like a crane truck.
I did find one, thank you anyways. Glen, that is a cable backhoe.
Bump.
I know where there might still be one that is on a military tracked carrier. Looks very similar to the one in the picture but armored hood and front end. Belonged to my uncle long deceased. Bulletproof radiator guard and the whole works. When the snow goes down a bit, I will go see of it is still there. Not sure what model it is, but it is a Bantam. Has a straight 8 Chrysler in it but the hood was open last time I seem it 3 to 4 years ago. One track is missing. I pulled concrete trucks up a sand hill with it on a job when I was about 18 years old. Set the brake and winched them right up with the front mounted winch.
Great pictures,I didn't know about the 250 either. I have a T350,we use it as a yard crane and take it out for small jobs when we can.Im looking for information on the original colors as we want to paint this summer.I cant seem to get pictures on here ,but ill keep trying. Regards Dave
I'm pretty sure there's one on the #1 hwy in maine, on a chev cckw chassis (4wd). But trucking may be prohibitive.
Ben46A I like the one with the half cab but if you could get any pictures of the one it Maine it would be great. Doug
Grable Was your T250 like one of these pictures? Doug
Bump.
Bantam T-250 This is Grable again. I have been away from this site for some time and the picture on the bottom left corner of the pictures here is me. Yes I know where are there is T-250 sitting, in west-central South Dakota and I know it can be bought. My phone number is 605 390 7777. There is a 7 minute video of me running my C-350 Bantam on You Tube Just look for C-350 by Rich Grable.
Very cool vid! LOL I wish I could justify buying that! Rick
Thanks for the lead Rich unfortunately it was a T35 Tandem mount. So I am still looking for a T250 Doug
I will call you soon!
Hey Grable do you or anyone else know where I can get so c350 boom and jib? I have the butt and tip. Also need a high gantryand wide shoes
Yes, there is a guy in Gila Bend Arizona that has lots of Bantam parts and operable machines. His name is Knutson and he runs a wrecker service in Gila Bend. I sold some crane boom to this Man dad, books and so forth. I also know where there is a complete T-350 for sale in western South Dakota. Crane boom only. My C 350 is located in my shop in Kadoka South Dakota if any you guys want to stop and see this old girl run, I will be there from 6-1-16 thru 9-15. I have a hoe on it.
bump
bump
I have the broshure on the T250 but still have yet to find one. I’ve got one or more of every other lattice boom Bantam
I need to get down to our Bone Yard. There was something like that sitting there. Been a long time since I saw it. Pretty sure it was a Bantam, but can't remember if it's on a military chassis or crane. I know it's a hoe and on rubber. I think the shovel attachment is with it also. It's so growed up in there, I need to wait until later in the fall to even find it. Tom
Hey i have a bantom shovel sitting in the bush for sale
Bump still looking!
Bump, what do you mean by still looking good? As I think I stated before, I went to the Bantam Factory, I drove home a new T-250 we ran that old girl 10 hours a day 6 days a week for 10 to 12 years as I recall. There were three of them in Western South Dakota and I know the names of the guys that own them. Call me if you want to talk Bantam T-250 I still own a C 350 crawler and it's in my shop and Kadoka South Dakota. It runs like a fine Rolex watch. I have a backhoe attachment on it with a 24in, 30 inch, 36 inch, and 42 in buckets. Rich Grable. 605 390 7777
Wayne Knutson, in Gila Bend Arizona has most everything you need for a Schield Bantam machine, backhoe attachments, long boom and short boom, crane booms and inserts, I think he's got clam buckets, drag buckets, headache balls, double and triple sheav blocks. Tell Wayne I sent you his name. Rich Grable [email protected]
Bump
There's a guy by me that has a crawler bantam, with the digger attachment. I know you want the truck version, but maybe this is the chance to get the digger portion. He wants $3,500 for it. The boom pivots have been cut off the house, so I'm thinking it will never be a crane again, but its a chance for the digger portion. Which is probably the rare part. Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com