Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

barko 160 knuckle boom

truecountry ยท 2011-01-08 22:25

i have a barko 160 that just broke 9 bolts off on the top of turn table ,,, what could cause this .. it was right under cab

Replies5
  1. #1mitch5042011-01-09 11:37

    usually it is because they were loose

  2. #2motrack2011-01-09 14:12

    my experience is they break because of being loose or thru fatique. How many bolts total are there?

  3. #3orb3532011-03-16 18:29

    Most of the time that is an indication that the bearing in the turntable is worn. I had an old hood loader that had all the bolts broken off under the cab. I pulled some out, and put new ones in....but the broke too. I had some c brackets welded on to keep the turntable from lifting up off the bearing. You probably need a new bearing. Put some clamp/brackets on it. I ran mine for years like that.

  4. #4MChancler2012-03-27 14:14

    I seek new and used Barko parts. I have many of these bearings in my yard so feel free to email me if needing any parts. We are also an actual Barko dealer so let me know if I Canberra of help.

  5. #5MChancler2012-03-27 14:17

    Sorry typo. I sell new and used parts.