I did some searching on this forum and didn't seem to find much info on BASIC motor graders, but I figured I'd join and ask just in case there is someone that knows something about these handy little machines. I picked up a BASIC motor grader in Alabama last weekend. Hauled it all the way back to Wisconsin. I think it's a late 70s/early 80s 601B model. I'm looking for a shop manual, operator's manual, and a parts diagram if possible...a long with any other information I can find (such as what the lever on the left side of the operator seat does). I have already contacted the company (basicequipment.net) and was told that they sold off the old design in the early 80s, and couldn't help me with anything. I'm hoping someone here has some knowledge and possibly some manuals for this machine. If you do, definitely let me know. Thanks for any info you may have. Also, here's an album with pictures of the machine, in case anyone is interested in looking at them: https://picasaweb.google.com/116303...&authkey=Gv1sRgCKTNvqzz4b28NA&feat=directlink
I rented one a way back in 1979 to level out my yard. It was a great little machine. Built by the North Gwynett machinery company. Near Lanta Jawja Don't sweat the manual thing, they just built the frame and bought all the components to do the rest of the work. Wash off parts as needed and identify who made them and take it from there. When in doubt just figure you are building it yourself and need a part, check out Tractor Supply if you don't have Princess Auto. Later Bob
I've never even heard of one. But it's very cool!!!!! I'd love to have one to use around our farm. Don't answer if you don't wanna, but what did that jewel cost ya?? Very cool. Anxious to see you post your progress with it!!!!
I have a Basic 701A if you still are in need of lever labels, I can tell you what mine say.