Hi guys, I'm new here but I'm getting old, Here's the problem I have a 1985 Deutz F3L 1011 F non electronic non shut off solenoid, old school turn key it starts turn off key it stops . Well we built this batch plant in 1985 to feed our Compaction pump and it has run just short of perfect ever since... until 5-25-23 when we started it up and it was smoking bad it was smoking a little bit the last time we using it about two years ago but, nothing like this. I was running it for about 20 minutes when she blew hot oil out exhaust pipe. So I pulled the motor and put it on the bench tore it down and found the head gasket had a 1" x 1/4" hole in it in the center of #2 cylinder. fast forward.. put a new head gasket in it and put it all together and I do not have fuel to the injectors. I'm not familiar the fuel system of this motor but, I have fuel all the way through what I'm guessing to be 3 lift pumps? that the injector tubes are connected to. but nothing come's out of them. so what I'm I missing? thanks Keven
Those three pumps are individual pumping elements attached to the individual injectors. Just like an inline injection pump, except mounted separately on the engine camshaft. They are connected and controlled by a rack just the same as an inline pump, just longer. That rack is not moving most likely, it may have an emergency shut off, or be tripped, etc. Search deutz 1011 rack and read or watch a little. If it turns off with a key, it will have a solenoid somewhere.
Thank you, we keep playing with it and we have very low fuel pressure on the re-circulation hose and the three individual pumping elements will not put out any fluid (diesel) unless we crack the main nut housing below the injection tube then as soon as you torque it back down it shut off the flow? I will look for a solenoid tomorrow. FYI it was running two days ago before replaced the head gasket. thanks again.