Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie z45/25J DC will not drive- looking for help.

JNewton ยท 2023-05-26 16:36

I have a 2000 Genie lift Z45/25J DC will not drive in either direction. The machine is all electric over hydraulic and the drive motors are electric and have hydraulic release brakes. The machine was working fine and now will not drive in either direction. Motor controller is providing code 34- Fault Code Programmer Diagnostic Display Condition Possible Causes Solution 34 - MISSING CONTACTOR Machine will not drive. Motor controller does not detect the main contactor PR1 or brake release relay CR5. Consult Genie Product Support. MAIN CONT DNC Machine will not drive. Main contactor PR1 or brake release relay CR5 did not close OR open in org/red wire to PR1 and/or CR5 OR main contactor and/or brake release relay is defective. Consult Genie Product Sup As per the manual. I have tested the motor controller and it seems to ohm out properly. Any help appreciated- thank you

Replies2
  1. #1Pete_882025-04-14 07:27

    Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this fault? I'm currently having the same problem. Many thanks Pete

  2. #2JNewton2025-04-14 23:13

    I did find my issue- no help from the dealer, except to throw parts at it. The issue with my machine was tracked down to a broken connection in the wiring that runs through the length of the boom. Good luck with your machine