Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Battery CCA?

Speedpup ยท 2010-08-26 19:35

When I got my Lulls a long time ago the manual said they require 900 CCA. They originally came with two 6 volts I think it has been a while. They were 500 CCA each I think. They have JD 80 motors. Any feed back on just putting in one 1100 CCA battery? I was using two 12v with about 750 CCA for a while. Another thing is I take then out if machine is not in use so a 1100 CCA is 75 pounds and they are awkward to install. I could use two 50 lb 900 CCA or just one? Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1V16CatMetKanick2010-11-14 23:55

    You will have alot better cold cranking performance if you use 2 6-volt batteries in pararell with say 500CCA. You wont draw them down as fast and you will have more reserve power with 2 batteries.